Strange music video.

Talk about other non-signal stuff here. Make sure to obey the rules though.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Re: Strange music video.

Post by ToledoRailfan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:18 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:Now this is pure banter, i got shown this video by my English teacher in Year 8 last year.

Those lyrics are so beautiful! It made me emotional! :Cry1:
Would you like a handkerchief to wipe those emotional tears away?
:LOL:
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:27 pm

You Might Think by The Cars certainly has a weird one:
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:43 pm

Heres one from Schoolhouse Rock, this song is called Conjunction Function, If you were born in the 70's you'd probably remember this, i was born in 2002. And practically I've never heard of Schoolhouse Rock.

But 40 years later, Norfolk Southern chimed in, made a remake of the song to make it sound better. The music video though is just crazy. Norfolk Southern? Heh, more like Crazyfolk Southern.
TrickyMario7654

Post by TrickyMario7654 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:03 am

This one for "Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" is really weird! The song is catchy though.

The music video for Fatboy Slim's cover of "The Joker" has loads of cats and cat-related jokes.
LARDLOGO

Post by LARDLOGO » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:04 am

Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
LARDLOGO

Post by LARDLOGO » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:05 am

Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
TrickyMario7654

Post by TrickyMario7654 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 pm

X-Press 2 Ft. David Byrne - Lazy: I've heard this song before on one of my mom's Ministry of Sound "Chillout Sessions" CDs (Volume 3, Disc 2), but only just saw the official music video today. Bit of an unusual video, if you ask me...

1 Giant Leap - My Culture: Much like the previous song, I've heard this song many times on mom's Ministry of Sound "Chillout Sessions" CDs. It's from the same Volume (No. 3) but is on Disc 1 (ironically, both happen to be the first track on their respective discs). Catchy song, though.

Cut Copy - Future: Again, this was on a Ministry of Sound "Chillout Sessions" CD (Volume 5, Disc 2). I actually quite like this song, but the music video is weird...

Mission Control - "Innerspace": Once again, another song featured on a Ministry of Sound "Chillout Sessions" CD (Volume XI/11, Disc 2) although the album had the 'Long John Saliva Remix' version on it. The one heard in the music video is the original version of the song. Again, a music video I find weird and for some reason, the remix version on the album reminds me of the Wii Menu music.

CSS - Move: Not terribly weird, but I thought this was worth sharing. This also happens to be in the same "Chillout Sessions" CD as the previous video, but it has the 'Cut Copy Remix' instead of the one heard in the video below (SPOILER: I like this song).

For some reason, the remix reminds me of going over the old Clyde Road level crossing in Berwick, VIC. No idea why, but I guess this song was playing while we went over it on one occasion in 2009.

Here's the old crossing shortly after activating for an incoming train...
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-38.037 ... 312!8i6656

...and it deactivating.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-38.037 ... 312!8i6656

Here's what the crossing looks like now. These signals replaced the old ones seen above in early 2013 (I drove through here shortly before it happened, with some of the new signals already installed).
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-38.036 ... 312!8i6656

But, the crossing is up for removal now. So, these signals will only be torn out after only a few years of use. Your taxpayers money at work... :Angry:
http://levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/crossi ... ad-berwick

Sorry for going off-topic there. :Roll:
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:38 pm

Here's another weird one:

We should start a new thread just for discussing music, as I have a lot of songs that I like that I'd like to share with y'all.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:51 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:Here's another weird one:

We should start a new thread just for discussing music, as I have a lot of songs that I like that I'd like to share with y'all.
***Subforum :Tongue2:
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:58 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:Here is a strange music video! Pretty hilarious and a great song from a great band! By the way, Mago de Oz is Spanish for Wizard of Oz! :TUP2:

This post was inspired from David's Facebook post of the music video for Genesis Land of Confusion, even though that video was more strange and slightly creepy.
I actually saw somebody wearing a shirt with that phrase today and it reminded me of this very thread! :Grin: