Virtual Railfan comments on my video.

Talk about other non-signal stuff here. Make sure to obey the rules though.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

NathanFromEngland

Virtual Railfan comments on my video.

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:08 am

No, its not because they're congratulating me on how many views this video has, or because of the fire truck and train combo.
They're pissed at me because i didn't give them credit.

Anyway, here's the comment.
Well it's not your video, it's our video... Thanks for taking it without so much and any credit given, that's a nice touch.
Well, i forgot to give credit in the first place, but man. You can't just be mad at me because i didn't give credit. A little tip would've been much nicer.
I followed up with an apology, i didn't want to argue.
Whoops! I apologize for not giving credit.
Don't worry, I've given credit to you's now, Sorry for any inconvenience. I'll make sure to give credit in any other videos in the future
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Re: Virtual Railfan comments on my video.

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:18 am

NathanFromEngland wrote: Anyway, here's the comment.
Well it's not your video, it's our video... Thanks for taking it without so much and any credit given, that's a nice touch.
Well, i forgot to give credit in the first place, but man. You can't just be mad at me because i didn't give credit. A little tip would've been much nicer.
Well it is their video and I'm sure they have to deal with people re-uploading their footage without credit given on a daily basis.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:07 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote: Anyway, here's the comment.
Well it is their video and I'm sure they have to deal with people re-uploading their footage without credit given on a daily basis.
Well, they didn't see a problem with it, this video is almost a year old, and came from their website, they didn't have a problem with that until the end of Spring.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Apparently Virtual Railfan has been cracking down on people uploading videos taken from their webcams as of late, as I seem to recall seeing stuff about this on Facebook. I suppose technically they legally own the raw footage itself, but one could make the argument either way about whether or not they own your video because of that.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:05 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:Apparently Virtual Railfan has been cracking down on people uploading videos taken from their webcams as of late, as I seem to recall seeing stuff about this on Facebook. I suppose technically they legally own the raw footage itself, but one could make the argument either way about whether or not they own your video because of that.
VR is super cranky about peoples own videos on their stream? I mean i had RailStream comment on another video on the Chesterton cam in June, but it was just a friendly reminder on their policy changing, i even asked if i'd want to remove the video for them. But they said it was okay.
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Their stream is their video. People uploading bits of their stream might deter people from actually watching their stream. I honestly don't see the point of re-uploading bits of their stream to Youtube but thats just me. :Smile:
Raco_GS

Post by Raco_GS » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:31 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:Their stream is their video. People uploading bits of their stream might deter people from actually watching their stream. I honestly don't see the point of re-uploading bits of their stream to Youtube but thats just me. :Smile:
Pretty much.

Also why would you be expecting them to be "congratulating me on how many views this video has" if it's THEIR video that you stole from their stream without even crediting them haha.
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:12 pm

And their clips that they've uploaded from their stream have a lot more views than just 13,773.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:59 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:And their clips that they've uploaded from their stream have a lot more views than just 13,773.
Not my fault the video managed to explode to 10K views in 10 months. Its now November and the video has almost 14K views. Just because the video was recorded in December 2016 on their website doesn't technically mean i'm stealing it, they didn't even have a problem with people reuploading their content back then, it was only before the start of the summer when they stopped allowing it, and everybody technically just kept uploading videos like they didn't have a care in the world.

Yet i only have 120 subscribers, i don't even know how many subscribers they have since they're set to private. I started my channel in February 2014, but i didn't start uploading full time until November/December 2015.

IMO, i upload once a week on my channel, i can't focus on my channel on certain days due to personal reasons and school.

On the topic of Ashland, This video i uploaded 5 months ago has already accumulated 4,400 views. I also gave credit, but forgot to include the website link, plus the link to their YT channel. I'll get around to doing that when i have the time.
brett nc railfanner

Post by brett nc railfanner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:50 pm

That's why I stay with Railstream, They're way friendlier.