Time Keeps Tickin'

Talk about other non-signal stuff here. Make sure to obey the rules though.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

gedunk

Re: Time Keeps Tickin'

Post by gedunk » Sun May 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Puh-leeze! Time keeps tickin?? Sure; but so what? It's what you do today, and are hoping & planning for the future. As Clint Black sings, "..If you don't look ahead, nobody will: there's no time to kill." Stop feeling old! Age is a number!

I'm 51, am married to the love of my life, and have done just about everything I felt I wanted to do when I was younger. I've also done a lot of things I regret over the years but that's just part of living life I'm afraid. Maybe I'll write a book later. Don't really care if anybody reads it...

We've three kids ages 23, 21, & 19. Three grandkids, with a fourth on the way. I've been in 21 countries (not all of them friendly) courtesy of Uncle Sam, and 38 of the lower 48, plus the other two. I've flown 400 hours, driven over 2 million miles, and taken over 200,000 photographs - publishing several. I'm currently involved in a worldwide outreach that is by far the most exciting and promising thing I've ever done.

My point is: Be where you want to be in life, or at the very least be enroute to where you want to be. Being enroute may be a life long journey, but the real fun and adventure is in the unexpected side trips.
gedunk

Post by gedunk » Sun May 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Some old fart once said "Youth is wasted on the young." I don't believe that. Must have been one unhappy old codger.

A lot of people dawdle the time and then wonder where youth went. Time goes by, and as Andrew noted, you frequently are not even aware of it until you bump into an old friend who has taken a different road - be it higher education, family & kids, etc.

Yep. I'm getting older. But I would have been 51 anyway...
legsbluetrain

Post by legsbluetrain » Mon May 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Smjh1979 wrote:I graduated in 1998, nearly 11 years ago.
Me too.