Old commercials.

Talk about other non-signal stuff here. Make sure to obey the rules though.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

TrickyMario7654

Re: Old commercials.

Post by TrickyMario7654 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:55 am

On the subject of collections, take a look at mine...

Excuse the poor quality of the photos, but since I took these at about 8:00 PM, I had to use the external lighting and its rather dim. :Tongue2:
dan the ca railfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by dan the ca railfan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 am

TrickyMario7654 wrote:On the subject of collections, take a look at mine...

Excuse the poor quality of the photos, but since I took these at about 8:00 PM, I had to use the external lighting and its rather dim. :Tongue2:
holy shit sorry for cursing but i had to do it titanic came out on one video cassette because in america the only release on vhs came out with the movie on two video cassettes!

https://www.google.com/search?q=titanic ... i9cRQcHV8M:
very lucky to live two-three blocks away from three teardrop bells. one of which i see at least once a week!
TrickyMario7654

Post by TrickyMario7654 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:43 am

dan the ca railfan wrote:
TrickyMario7654 wrote:On the subject of collections, take a look at mine...

holy shit sorry for cursing but i had to do it titanic came out on one video cassette because in america the only release on vhs came out with the movie on two video cassettes!

https://www.google.com/search?q=titanic ... i9cRQcHV8M:
I think for the Australian sell-through release of “Titanic”, they used a 4-hour long tape rather than using two 2-hour tapes. I speculate that they wanted to use as few cassettes as possible because the film would have been a major release and they needed to distribute a lot of copies to the various stores around the country...

I think this is becoming more of a discussion on VHS in general rather than just old commercials, so I'll bring up this awfully made knee brace commercial that aired on US Television/Cable networks a few years ago...

Ugh, that's not the worst thing about it. There's a "black" version of this which was shown on BET...

I need to pour acid on my eyes now, so I'll see you later. :Censored: