How has the Coronavirus affected You?

Talk about other non-signal stuff here. Make sure to obey the rules though.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

TheSignalMan2000

How has the Coronavirus affected You?

Post by TheSignalMan2000 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:35 am

This has been quite an interesting topic that has been going around. If you haven't heard, COVID-19, or otherwise known as the "Coronavirus" has been spreading very violently as of late, causing widespread closures of public places, and people taking extremely cautionary measures.

The question is, how is this whole pandemic been affecting you as of late?

As for me, I had to put a temporary suspension on my travels of capturing trains and crossings in action (I announced on YouTube that they won't be any videos for awhile), just until this whole Coronavirus is clear down to at least a safe enough level. I know I love to get videos of trains and crossings in action, but right now, my health and well being is far more important.
ImageImageImage
The crossing photographer of Louisiana, Mississippi, & East Texas

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSignalman2000/
My Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/158425094@N07/
TheAlatreus

Re: How has the Coronavirus affected You?

Post by TheAlatreus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:35 pm

For me, the schools in my city has been closed until April. As of now, I'll be staying home and not going anywhere. The school closures in my area has affected a lot of students, as well as San Diego and LAUSD closing their schools as well.

Checking out the news about California, I have recently heard that there have been new cases ongoing in LA County, including an LAPD supervisor in the LAPD's Pacific Division, and as well as the first case in San Bernardino County.
Southern California is known for it's sunny weather, the beaches, and even attractions! Gotta Go Fast! - Sonic The Hedgehog. Favorite place - Hollywood
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:31 pm

My college has gone online only as a result of it. The store I work at was also extremely busy and has some pretty barren shelves, and as a result, we're now closing two hours earlier than normal until further notice.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:47 pm

TheAlatreus wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:35 pm
For me, the schools in my city has been closed until April. As of now, I'll be staying home and not going anywhere. The school closures in my area has affected a lot of students, as well as San Diego and LAUSD closing their schools as well.

Checking out the news about California, I have recently heard that there have been new cases ongoing in LA County, including an LAPD supervisor in the LAPD's Pacific Division, and as well as the first case in San Bernardino County.
My school is out until April 6th. We was supposed to go back on March 30th but my school district decided to give us another week off. So far I'm still able to go railfanning, but Idk how much longer I'll be able to if my city goes into quarantine. Praying that I'll still be able to finish my senior year of high school.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:35 am

It hasn't really done much of an affect on my city, we only have so far:
Liverpool City Region: 13
Knowsley: 3
Sefton: 6
St. Helens: 2
Widnes: 8
Halton: 4
= 36 total cases.

The only problem is, the government cut our funding for unknown reasons meaning we are underfunded for finding a way around the virus.

My grandmother (nan in british slang) also died today from sepsis + heart attack, but it isn't related to the virus, but with the virus here (3.6K cases and 144 deaths) it will take a few weeks/months for her to be buried, it's how the world works unfortunately but you just have to move on.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:01 am

NathanFromEngland wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:35 am
It hasn't really done much of an affect on my city, we only have so far:
Liverpool City Region: 13
Knowsley: 3
Sefton: 6
St. Helens: 2
Widnes: 8
Halton: 4
= 36 total cases.

The only problem is, the government cut our funding for unknown reasons meaning we are underfunded for finding a way around the virus.

My grandmother (nan in british slang) also died today from sepsis + heart attack, but it isn't related to the virus, but with the virus here (3.6K cases and 144 deaths) it will take a few weeks/months for her to be buried, it's how the world works unfortunately but you just have to move on.
Sorry for your loss. Plus, there's a rumor going around saying that my city is gonna go into quarantine over the coronavirus. Hoping it's false since I had plans to go railfanning next week.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:13 pm

Sorry for bumping this topic. My city has announced that we all have to be stuck at home until April 24th. I sadly won't be able to railfan for awhile thanks to it. :Awww:
PlyingKibbles89

Post by PlyingKibbles89 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:04 pm

My school is out until April 17th. Classes are moved online. My railfanning trips are on hold for now(mostly because I'm either busy or lazy).

I'm just really tired of this COVID-19 situation. It annoys me.
Also, I heard that Denver, CO might be shutting down. That will be fun... :aaargh:
Proud owner of too many things.

GE B40-8W's are the best. Well, uh, maybe with some exceptions...?

My newest update: https://www.rxrsignals.com/Phpbb3/viewt ... 012#p46012
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:09 pm

PlyingKibbles89 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:04 pm
My school is out until April 17th. Classes are moved online. My railfanning trips are on hold for now(mostly because I'm either busy or lazy).

I'm just really tired of this COVID-19 situation. It annoys me.
Also, I heard that Denver, CO might be shutting down. That will be fun... :aaargh:
That sucks. Wish this coronavirus would end already. My school also has switched to online classes as well.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:21 am

Unfortunately, cases have kinda shot up here in the past few weeks, and one of my older cousins who lives in another borough of our county sadly passed away from the coronavirus, which means i've lost two family members in the course of three weeks.

Two nurses have died from COVID-19, one being 68 years old and the other being 54. On the bright side however i saw an article of a 102 year old being discharged after beating the virus.

I'll edit this post with deaths/cases and more information later.