"The Beast from The East"

Discuss current and upcoming weather events here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

NathanFromEngland

"The Beast from The East"

Post by NathanFromEngland » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 am

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this freezing cold air from Serbia that has made landfall in Europe.

It just hit my area, which has brought snow (It sticked!) :WOOT: and temperatures in the minus.

BUT.
Because of the weather, school was cancelled. :Awww: I wanted to have a snowball fight with my friends. If you're asking if i'm fine, have i lost power, No i haven't i'm perfectly fine keeping nice and warm in the comfort of my own home.

I've got pictures on my phone. But they ain't transferring to my PC, so i'll try and get my other camera out and take the pictures (Hopefully the snow doesn't melt or gets washed away!)

NS 999 picture because 999th post. :Tongue2:
ZachL

Re: "The Beast from The East"

Post by ZachL » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Sorry, I have no idea what snow is.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:47 am

ZachL wrote:Sorry, I have no idea what snow is.
It's white stuff that falls from the sky like rain. Doesn't accumulate in puddles like rain most of the time if the ground (or wherever it lands) is cold enough, but if it's too warm, it'll melt and form puddles. People build temporary lodging and art with it.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:38 am

Welp, i was too late.

I couldn't find the camera, so the sun came out and melted a majority of the snow. :aaargh:

But they predict it could snow this afternoon, so maybe i could see if it does snow (I hope it does!) so i can find the Nikon and take the pictures.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:59 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
It's white stuff that falls from the sky like rain. Doesn't accumulate in puddles like rain most of the time if the ground (or wherever it lands) is cold enough, but if it's too warm, it'll melt and form puddles. People build temporary lodging and art with it.

Couldn't resist..
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
TheSignalMan2000

Post by TheSignalMan2000 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Not to worry, here, whenever anyone sees any snow flying, they're like "What the f**k is this?"
ImageImageImage
The crossing photographer of Louisiana, Mississippi, & East Texas

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSignalman2000/
My Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/158425094@N07/
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:55 am

ZachL wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:

Couldn't resist..
I got the joke, and had considered saying "It's white stuff that looks like cocaine but it falls from the sky and isn't addictive like cocaine." but decided against it.
TheSignalMan2000 wrote:Not to worry, here, whenever anyone sees any snow flying, they're like "What the f**k is this?"
Along with pretty much everywhere else in the south. A good dusting is enough to shut Huntsville down for a day, and 7 inches shut this city down for a week before.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.