SNOW

Discuss current and upcoming weather events here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

weatherdan882002

SNOW

Post by weatherdan882002 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:29 pm

Us here in the northeast have gotten a beating once per week since Christmas in the form of snowstorms. We here in NY have escaped a couple of them, but New England has gotten slammed with them and we're in the middle of one now! We just got done with one storm that took most of the day to clear, but in a few hours we're gonna get hit again with an even bigger storm expected to bring up a lot more snow than what fell today (lots of ice to the south though).
AndyWS

Re: SNOW

Post by AndyWS » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:34 pm

It's passing through here right now. I'll almost be afraid to look out the window tomorrow morning. :Scared: :Blink:
bnsflover

Post by bnsflover » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:58 pm

We are expecting to get snow here in Houston for the third year in a row! :TUP1: Oh yeah, your problem. Yeah that stinks. :ROFL:
Rob
Certrified BNSF Lover.
BNSF rulez!
Josh

Post by Josh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Here in north Texas everything is iced over. We had a bizarre sleet storm last night with thunder, lightning and high winds. It's supposed to get down to 9 degrees tonight :Blink: which is crazy cold for this area. What a crappy welcome for the Super Bowl teams who arrived here yesterday, but I guess they ought to be used to it where they come from. This weather is all the more shocking though since it was 74 degrees on Saturday.
bnsflover

Post by bnsflover » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Josh wrote:Here in north Texas everything is iced over. We had a bizarre sleet storm last night with thunder, lightning and high winds. It's supposed to get down to 9 degrees tonight :Blink: which is crazy cold for this area. What a crappy welcome for the Super Bowl teams who arrived here yesterday, but I guess they ought to be used to it where they come from. This weather is all the more shocking though since it was 74 degrees on Saturday.
Yeah, and down here in the area where I live, wind chills are expected to get down to zero. :Ohmy:
Rob
Certrified BNSF Lover.
BNSF rulez!
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:24 pm

I am right in the path. They've already canceled school for tomorrow. It is a complete blizzard outside right now. The power may go out soon at this rate. They're saying this could be as bad as the blizzard of '67 in Chicago.
bnsfc44

Post by bnsfc44 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Out west, we will have some chilly mornings and fog. Hope all you guys stay safe in this bad weather.
bnsflover

Post by bnsflover » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:54 am

We are expected to get up to five inches of snow in Houston. It is expected to start Thursday evening and last till Friday at noon. Flurries are possible tomorrow afternoon.
Rob
Certrified BNSF Lover.
BNSF rulez!
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Almost a foot of snow here and 1/2 inch of sleet and ice before the snow started. Got off work early yesterday because of the storm and no work today (Wednesday) because the city needed time to clear the streets. Got my cars dug out and should be back to work on Thursday I assume. Our low here tonight is forecast to be minus 6 with windchills of minus 25.
bnsflover

Post by bnsflover » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:47 am

We are supposed to get a mix of sleet and snow until morning tomorrow, the just snow in the morning, a mix of snow and freezing rain in the afternoon while the snow gradually slows down.
Rob
Certrified BNSF Lover.
BNSF rulez!