Opinion on Game Show Network

My other hobby: Game Shows! Discuss here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

LARDLOGO

Opinion on Game Show Network

Post by LARDLOGO » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Any game show fans here? (huge one right here), anyways, what are your thoughts on GSN?

In my opinion, it's a :TDOWN: except for The Chase. That's a good show.
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
freebrickproductions

Re: Opinion on Game Show Network

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:18 pm

Never heard of it, never watched it.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
brett nc railfanner

Post by brett nc railfanner » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:57 pm

LARDLOGO wrote:Any game show fans here? (huge one right here), anyways, what are your thoughts on GSN?

family feud!! :Grin:
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:03 pm

brett nc railfanner wrote:
LARDLOGO wrote:Any game show fans here? (huge one right here), anyways, what are your thoughts on GSN?

I'm not a huge fan of the Steve Harvey version of Family Feud. I think they get a little bit too raunchy for it to be called a "family" show. Was watching the new celebrity version on ABC last Sunday night with some young children and ended up turning it off. The first game's question was "Name something a naked magician would pull a rabbit out of". The answers got way too crazy for a 6 and 9 year old to hear.
brett nc railfanner

Post by brett nc railfanner » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:11 pm

cabman701 wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of the Steve Harvey version of Family Feud. I think they get a little bit too raunchy for it to be called a "family" show. Was watching the new celebrity version on ABC last Sunday night with some young children and ended up turning it off. The first game's question was "Name something a naked magician would pull a rabbit out of". The answers got way too crazy for a 6 and 9 year old to hear.
im 10 and i love family feud and btw steve is the best im not trying to argue with you but its my opinion and its your opinion and btw watch the regular family feud its a little better
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:42 pm

cabman701 wrote:

im 10 and i love family feud and btw steve is the best im not trying to argue with you but its my opinion and its your opinion and btw watch the regular family feud its a little better
Have you seen the Richard Dawson Family Feud episodes of the Feud at all? Those definitely outnumber the Harvey episodes in terms of family-friendliness and quality of the production, despite being nearly 40 years old. Check some of those out and see if you think Steve Harvey's is better. :Smile:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
brett nc railfanner

Post by brett nc railfanner » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:01 am

the best part of steve is his face when there's a dumb answer :LOL3:
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:07 pm

I was actually a kid myself when the original Richard Dawson versions where on. It was good back then too. He made it a point to kiss all the lady's on camera. I always kind of wished I would be able to do that someday. Sadly that has not happened... :Roll:

And I'm not trying to knock Steve Harvey... I do like the one's where someone gives a dumb answer and watching his reactions. I just think some of the content is getting a little inappropriate for a "family" game show, especially during prime time and on a major network.
brett nc railfanner

Post by brett nc railfanner » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:07 pm

cabman701 wrote:I was actually a kid myself when the original Richard Dawson versions where on. It was good back then too. He made it a point to kiss all the lady's on camera. I always kind of wished I would be able to do that someday. Sadly that has not happened... :Roll:

And I'm not trying to knock Steve Harvey... I do like the one's where someone gives a dumb answer and watching his reactions. I just think some of the content is getting a little inappropriate for a "family" game show, especially during prime time and on a major network.
I know there's not good content for little kids but me and my 7 year old sister watch it but i know what you mean.
LARDLOGO

Post by LARDLOGO » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:21 pm

cabman701 wrote:I was actually a kid myself when the original Richard Dawson versions where on. It was good back then too. He made it a point to kiss all the lady's on camera. I always kind of wished I would be able to do that someday. Sadly that has not happened... :Roll:

I know there's not good content for little kids but me and my 7 year old sister watch it but i know what you mean.
If you want something like "Family Feud", watch "Match Game".... :LOL2:
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!