Bracket needed

This part is for people who are looking for particular crossing signal parts or complete signals themselves. Do not put wayside signal parts in this forum.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

rdg1187prr

Bracket needed

Post by rdg1187prr » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:15 am

I need a Crossing bell bracket to fit a Western Cullen Hayes bell type #333. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I may obtain one?
Thanks
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Re: Bracket needed

Post by TrainmanKight » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:45 pm

rdg1187prr wrote:I need a Crossing bell bracket to fit a Western Cullen Hayes bell type #333. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I may obtain one?
Thanks
Western Cullen out of Chicago still makes (or did a few years ago) the bell #333 contact them and look for part 1206-20 the 4-5" bell mounting base.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
rdg1187prr

Post by rdg1187prr » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks for your reply. I was aware of WCH still in business. I contacted them about it and they want about $50.00 for the bracket alone. I could buy a complete bell for that price. I was hoping someone might have a used one that thye would want to get rid of.
Thanks,
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:47 pm

rdg1187prr wrote:Thanks for your reply. I was aware of WCH still in business. I contacted them about it and they want about $50.00 for the bracket alone. I could buy a complete bell for that price. I was hoping someone might have a used one that thye would want to get rid of.
Thanks,
$50 isn't too bad, I need two bases myself for 3 wrrs/wch bells. If you can buy a whole bell for that price go ahead because the base mounts break easy and its always good to have a parts bell laying around. One I dropped off a signal mast cracked the base and I have two other wch bells that need bases. After I get ahold of all the bases I need I'll see if threes any extra and get back to you.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
rdg1187prr

Post by rdg1187prr » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks, I'd appreciate you letting me know if you have an extra bracket
MD2020

Post by MD2020 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 am

Get you some good Safetran bells and dump that WCH shit. The older WCH mechanicals might be good, but anything in the past several years ain't worth shit.
Just the facts, ma'am.
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:23 pm

MD2020 wrote:Get you some good Safetran bells and dump that WCH shit. The older WCH mechanicals might be good, but anything in the past several years ain't worth shit.
I vote user error, WCH shit workes great with me.
Safetran bells have the base attached so when they break your screwed.
WCH bases break away and can be replaced.
The only problem I've has is the stupid plastic armature on the western cullens freezing up.
as always have nice day.
MD2020

Post by MD2020 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Well, the TWO WCH bells (I didn't know I was getting stuck with until they arrived) that they just put in a few months ago at North Ave. in Madison are BOTH dinging sporadically, so it will just be a matter of time before they take a shit too, and up the pole I go to replace them with something better.

The CSX maintainer was telling me he has had to replace several of them lately as well.

I don't take responsibility for unfit materials and poor quality factory workmanship. Heck, they don't even run but maybe 2 trains a day on weekdays over the crossings there, sheesh.
Just the facts, ma'am.
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:05 pm

MD2020 wrote:Well, the TWO WCH bells (I didn't know I was getting stuck with until they arrived) that they just put in a few months ago at North Ave. in Madison are BOTH dinging sporadically, so it will just be a matter of time before they take a shit too, and up the pole I go to replace them with something better.

The CSX maintainer was telling me he has had to replace several of them lately as well.

I don't take responsibility for unfit materials and poor quality factory workmanship. Heck, they don't even run but maybe 2 trains a day on weekdays over the crossings there, sheesh.
Put up invensys smart bells if the railroad can afford them, Loud as hell nice tone and perfect weight plus lightning arrestor are built in if I remember correctly.
WCH bells ring sporadically because of the plastic armature in them I've had to fix a few of them that's their downfall.
Like I said before If you still have the bells I'd pay for shipping and I'll fix them up myself.
MD2020

Post by MD2020 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Safetran type 3 ("smart") E bells are good. The ones from NEG (Safetran type 2) are good too, they also have an arrestor (voltage limiter) in them. I still like GS too and use them most of the time with very good success, but make all the excuses you want, I am through with WCH, their quality on bells, gate mechs, lightheads, brackets, etc. has really suffered in the past several years, and really even moreso lately. I don't need inferior parts at the crossings I maintain.
Just the facts, ma'am.