old WRRS lens retainer ring

This part is for people who are looking for particular crossing signal parts or complete signals themselves. Do not put wayside signal parts in this forum.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

BigTbird1974

old WRRS lens retainer ring

Post by BigTbird1974 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Have recently come across a "parts light" which provided nearly everything I need to reassemble the (missing) innards of one of my old cast-iron WRRS lights. :Smile:

One part remaining to find is another lens retainer ring (sorry if that's the wrong term) to replace a broken original.

ImageImageImageImage

Realizing that this is a longshot request, I'd love to hear from anyone who might either HAVE ONE, or would KNOW WHERE to GET ONE...??!

Thanks!
BigTbird1974

Re: old WRRS lens retainer ring

Post by BigTbird1974 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Thought y'all might like an update on my old WRRS lights.

As mentioned, I recently got a "parts light" which provided the reflector, socket/mounting arm, terminal strip, and hanger elbow for the one of my pair of lights that's been patiently missing all those parts for so many years now. :TUP1: After a few days of assorted disassembly/cleaning/etc, I've now got it all back together -- so I naturally couldn't wait to go fetch the 2nd head and rig 'em up to SEE THEM GO....??!!!! :WOOT: :WOOT:

http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/BigTb ... t=3&page=1

Granted it's just the two heads laying on the floor, QUITE thoroughly "rigged" to a pair of 12VDC power supplies plugged into a traffic signal wig-wag flasher...but I LIKE IT ANYWAYS, at least until I find a more proper flasher and a more appropriate location for them! (which, eventually, might even be on a pole in the back yard along with a pair of US&S heads that are 'coming soon'...?) :Ohmy: :Grin:

Here's my current "wanted/wish list" to continue the project -- if anybody can help PLEASE just let me know!!!

1 -- LENS/BACKGROUND RETAINER RING (pictured above)
1 -- WRRS cast iron JUNCTION BOX and mounting bracket, with
at least 2, preferably 4 -- cast iron SIGNAL MOUNTING ARMS (for jct box)
1 -- DC FLASHER RELAY (make/model not important, if it works)

(and eventually)
1 -- WRRS MECHANICAL BELL
1 -- CROSSBUCK SIGN(S)

I'm located in Little Rock, AR and would be willing to drive a reasonable distance and/or help with shipping arrangements. THANKS, ALL! :TUP2: