Small relay cabinet wanted

This part is for people who are looking for particular crossing signal parts or complete signals themselves. Do not put wayside signal parts in this forum.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

artfull dodger

Small relay cabinet wanted

Post by artfull dodger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:20 pm

I would like to find one of the smaller grade crossing relay cabinets for free or nearly free. As long is its not totaly rusted out. Somewhere in the northern half of Indiana would be wonderful. I can haul and get it out of your hair on short notice. Thanks Mike
Silly NT's...I have Asperger's Syndrome!
nickrink

Re: Small relay cabinet wanted

Post by nickrink » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:02 pm

I am going to need one of these later with my project also. The only thing I have found are the bigger ones. :Curse1:
artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 pm

I haven't even found those localy. I can find more signals and gates, just no relay boxes. One of the smaller single door models would be perfect. I would like to, in time , built the case up with the proper relays, charger, battery ect to look close to what it really would for a simple crossing install. Mike
nickrink

Post by nickrink » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:00 pm

I also want one of the smaller single door ones. They seem like they are really hard to find. :aaargh:
artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:05 pm

I think it would be quicker to build one from outdoor grade ply and paint it silver. Probably can find door handle/latches that are close. I suspect most go to scrap or are sitting in signal grave yards that are on unfriendly railroads.
nickrink

Post by nickrink » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:21 pm

artfull dodger wrote:I think it would be quicker to build one from outdoor grade ply and paint it silver. Probably can find door handle/latches that are close. I suspect most go to scrap or are sitting in signal grave yards that are on unfriendly railroads.
Yeah, Probably. :Grin: And also probably. :Sad: