Update #833

Updates to the website are shown here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

TommyBNSF

Update #833

Post by TommyBNSF » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:55 am

95 new photos and 1 new video of 1 new and 2 updated crossing from Braceville, IL
117 new photos of 1 new and 3 updated crsosings from Braidwood, IL
93 new photos and 1 new video of 6 new crossings fom Channahon, IL
153 new photos and 1 new video of 7 new crossings from Chenoa, IL
432 new photos and 2 new videos of 7 new and 2 updated crossings from Dwight, IL
495 new photos and 5 new videos of 5 new and 3 updated crossings from Gardner, IL
343 new photos and 1 new video of 12 new and 2 updated crossings from Joliet, IL
148 new photos and 2 new videos of 6 updated crossings from Kinsman, IL

I was gonna try to beat the record for most pictures in one update, but couldn't quite make it.

Also, with this update, Illinois has now surpassed California as the state with the most pictures. California still leads with the amount of crossings, but I'm sure Illinois will get to that point sometime with the next year or so.
freebrickproductions

Re: Update #833

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Something I want to mention about the update.
In the tables you do, I think you should shorten the length of the "gate arm stripes" so that they aren't so long, such as on this page:
http://www.rxrsignals.net/Illinois/A-K/Chenoa/Owsley/
It's fine to do it with 2 signals, but with four signals, it extends the table well past the right-hand side of the screen, even with a monitor that has a width of 1920 pixels.
Other than that, it looks pretty good!

If I had the ability too, I'd probably get out and document a lot more of Alabama's crossings as well.

Also, where's Division Street #2 in this town, anyways?
http://www.rxrsignals.net/Illinois/A-K/Chenoa/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:18 am

Yeah, I'm still trying to think of a better way to do that for 4 gated crossings.

As for Division St. #2, I ran out of time when I was in Chenoa back in January, so I'll try to get back this winter and get the rest of the crossings in that town.
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:40 pm

TommyBNSF wrote:Yeah, I'm still trying to think of a better way to do that for 4 gated crossings.

As for Division St. #2, I ran out of time when I was in Chenoa back in January, so I'll try to get back this winter and get the rest of the crossings in that town.
Tommy... the main st crossing in Braceville. Is Amtrak already doing 110? Hard to tell, but that one your video was sure cruising.

I appreciate you documenting these crossings. I don't live in Illinois anymore, but when I did, I made trips to Chicago several times a year on I-55 from Springfield. I've been following the upgrades along this line dating all the way back to 2001.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:04 pm

TommyBNSF wrote:Yeah, I'm still trying to think of a better way to do that for 4 gated crossings.

I'd recommend doing something like this:
////////////////////////
It still shows how the gate's striped without it being too long.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:18 pm

cabman701 wrote:

Tommy... the main st crossing in Braceville. Is Amtrak already doing 110? Hard to tell, but that one your video was sure cruising.

I appreciate you documenting these crossings. I don't live in Illinois anymore, but when I did, I made trips to Chicago several times a year on I-55 from Springfield. I've been following the upgrades along this line dating all the way back to 2001.
I don't think so. I hear UP is working on double tracking the line from Joliet to Mazonia (between Braceville and Gardner) so a lot of the signals on this stretch are endangered.