Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Updates to the website are shown here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, PaulSP, TommyBNSF

Re: Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Postby freebrickproductions » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:37 pm

AndyWS wrote:Holy crap, what an update! Will take awhile to look through all this! Naturally there are some bugs to sort out but overall Mike H. would be proud! :Clap:

You've only got a few days though before Tommy posts his next update, so you'd better hurry! :Tongue2: Though you can always use this thread for reference.
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...

Send me or any other admin a private message or email if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
User avatar
freebrickproductions
 
Posts: 5305
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:12 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Postby AndyWS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Very interested to see the crossings from Cordova, AL because I know that town was hit very hard in the tornado super outbreak of 27 April 2011. Also, congratulations on finally getting the only surviving "Fail-Safe" signal on the site!
User avatar
AndyWS
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Postby ToledoRailfan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 pm

AndyWS wrote:Also, congratulations on finally getting the only surviving "Fail-Safe" signal on the site!

Sadly, that signal was recently removed.
User avatar
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Postby AndyWS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Glad someone got to it in time, then!
User avatar
AndyWS
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Postby TrickyMario7654 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:12 pm

AndyWS wrote:Glad someone got to it in time, then!

Lucky. :TUP2:
User avatar
TrickyMario7654
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:45 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Postby ZachL » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:16 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
AndyWS wrote:Also, congratulations on finally getting the only surviving "Fail-Safe" signal on the site!

Sadly, that signal was recently removed.

Where did you hear that?
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
User avatar
ZachL
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Hillsborough County/Tampa, FL

Re: Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Postby ToledoRailfan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:29 pm

ZachL wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
AndyWS wrote:Also, congratulations on finally getting the only surviving "Fail-Safe" signal on the site!

Sadly, that signal was recently removed.

Where did you hear that?


Someone in the railroad signals or railroad crossings group on Facebook said they went to the crossing and it was gone, also a friend a mine who works for Norfolk Southern said that the crossing was being removed.
User avatar
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Postby ToledoRailfan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:34 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
ZachL wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
AndyWS wrote:Also, congratulations on finally getting the only surviving "Fail-Safe" signal on the site!

Sadly, that signal was recently removed.

Where did you hear that?


Someone in the railroad signals or railroad crossings group on Facebook said they went to the crossing and it was gone, also a friend a mine who works for Norfolk Southern said that the crossing was being removed.


Also someone on Facebook claims that there is one in service in the woods of southern Missouri, I know that is unrelated to the topic but I'd thought I'd share it.
User avatar
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Postby ZachL » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:50 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
ZachL wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
AndyWS wrote:Also, congratulations on finally getting the only surviving "Fail-Safe" signal on the site!

Sadly, that signal was recently removed.

Where did you hear that?


Someone in the railroad signals or railroad crossings group on Facebook said they went to the crossing and it was gone, also a friend a mine who works for Norfolk Southern said that the crossing was being removed.


Also someone on Facebook claims that there is one in service in the woods of southern Missouri, I know that is unrelated to the topic but I'd thought I'd share it.

Ugh that sucks! :Cry1: Is there any word on what it's being replaced by?
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
User avatar
ZachL
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Hillsborough County/Tampa, FL

Re: Update #851: THE "CHRISTMAS" UPDATE!

Postby ToledoRailfan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:00 pm

ZachL wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
ZachL wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
AndyWS wrote:Also, congratulations on finally getting the only surviving "Fail-Safe" signal on the site!

Sadly, that signal was recently removed.

Where did you hear that?


Someone in the railroad signals or railroad crossings group on Facebook said they went to the crossing and it was gone, also a friend a mine who works for Norfolk Southern said that the crossing was being removed.


Also someone on Facebook claims that there is one in service in the woods of southern Missouri, I know that is unrelated to the topic but I'd thought I'd share it.

Ugh that sucks! :Cry1: Is there any word on what it's being replaced by?


I don't know what the crossing is being replaced by, it could be possible that the crossing wasn't being used before it was being removed as it appears to lead to a small deforested area.
User avatar
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Website Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron