Update Schedule for 2017

Updates to the website are shown here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

TrickyMario7654

Re: Update Schedule for 2017

Post by TrickyMario7654 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:57 pm

Why do you keep complaining about this? People should be free to document whatever crossings we like, and not have massive arguments over what should be accepted!
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 pm

TrickyMario7654 wrote:Why do you keep complaining about this? People should be free to document whatever crossings we like, and not have massive arguments over what should be accepted!
That's what I've been saying...
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:A definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.
Like what you've been doing?
How so? That's personal insult by the way. Pretty inappropriate.
freebrickproductions wrote: Also:
ToledoRailfan wrote: Again, I never said that the site has to be exactly (keyword: exactly) like it was when Mike was running the site. I'm not sure if you're not reading what I typed or what.
I had read what you typed, however, you had also heavily implied that is should be "exactly" like it was in the statement I quoted.
Point to where I said the site has to be exactly (keyword exactly) like it was when Mike was still alive.
Last edited by freebrickproductions on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixed quote, though I'm not sure if you wanted to add anything after it or not
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am

TrickyMario7654 wrote:Why do you keep complaining about this? People should be free to document whatever crossings we like, and not have massive arguments over what should be accepted!
And people should be free to critique, question, complain, and make suggestions.

I'm not trying to turn this into a massive argument... This should be a discussion...
Last edited by ToledoRailfan on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:05 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:A definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.
Like what you've been doing?
How so? That's personal insult by the way. Pretty inappropriate.
I will admit, that was inappropriate for me to say. I apologize.

TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:06 am

ToledoRailfan wrote: Again, I never said that the site has to be exactly (keyword: exactly) like it was when Mike was running the site. I'm not sure if you're not reading what I typed or what. Yes older crossings are less common than they were back then which is why I also think we shouldn't be as selective like it was. But being less selective isn't the same as just flat out documenting every crossing that we can find. And who said a crossing is unique just based on it's equipment? I think we need to make this site quality over quantity again. A definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.
Who said we're expecting a different result? So far, you've been the only one strongly against David and I's style.

Do you really want David and I to remove our years of hard work to this site just because you don't like standard crossings? That's an insult to what we've done over the years, especially since unlike Mike, we both have jobs that preoccupy much of our time, so the time we spend documenting crossings and finding all relevant information about it is more valuable.

As far as I see it, the crossing community has gotten much bigger we started our involvement with the site. Maybe not directly with the site, but especially on Youtube, the community has grown much larger, and much of those people have discovered this site and have appreciated what we have done.
TrickyMario7654

Post by TrickyMario7654 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 am

I think this is starting to get a bit ugly. Maybe we should consider locking this thread so it doesn't turn into an all out flame war?
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:09 am

Agreed
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:11 am

We need to make a new thread for the new update schedule anyways. ToledoRailfan, feel free to start a new discussion in a new thread or take it to Facebook/PM if you want to continue discussing how site updates are done (though if a thread is done, don't be surprised if we have to lock it quickly due to it getting ugly quickly).

Raco_GS

Post by Raco_GS » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:10 pm

TommyBNSF wrote: Mike would allow just about anything onto the site. He never turned down anything I submitted, even standard crossings. Although, in his last years, he was getting burn out and wanted to shut the site down entirely, but thankfully we convinced him not to. So if anything, you have us to thank for his legacy not disappearing entirely.
I completely disagree with your first statement there, in all the time I talked to Mike on voice chat he always complained about how people would submit "boring crossings with boring common setups" and he would quite often reject them. Maybe the crossings you submitted were gateless and or had 8 inch lights or something (8 inch lights or a gateless would automatically make the crossing "interesting" for him) ....Oh yeah, he liked certain types of LEDs as well, forgot which ones though.

On your second thing there, Mike getting "burnt out" on the site isn't true, the whole "site shutting down" thing was the result of a fabricated major fight among some the "regulars" on the voice chat (someone started big trouble just for the hell of it) and his reaction was to close down the whole site... Thankfully Kight and Gillson talked him out of it.