Update Schedule for 2017

Updates to the website are shown here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Re: Update Schedule for 2017

Post by ToledoRailfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:33 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
Also I really need to go to more spots around Tampa soon.
Don't photograph every crossing, i'm going to Tampa next year and i deserve my fair share. :Tongue2:
We really shouldn't be photographing every crossing for the site so it doesn't become (more) over crowed with the same stuff. :Wink: Just my :2cents:

Edit: And who wants to see the same stuff over and over again?
Last edited by ToledoRailfan on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:21 pm

My next update will be on November 25th, and will feature crossings from Georgia and maybe Virginia and possibly Wales(!) should I have time. Louisiana will have the following update from me, most likely on December 25th, with the one after that being Tennessee and maybe New York. New Jersey will likely be the following update with Alabama after that.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:24 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
Also I really need to go to more spots around Tampa soon.
Don't photograph every crossing, i'm going to Tampa next year and i deserve my fair share. :Tongue2:
At the very least, perhaps we could meet up and photograph some crossings together. Besides, I think it might help you if I showed you around because I know the area more, and I can show you the areas of town to avoid and which areas are safer to photograph in. There are quite a few areas around railroad tracks here that are high crime, and the last thing I need to hear is that something serious happened to someone from out of the country was impacted by a crime, nonetheless.

I agree with Seth as well.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:18 am

freebrickproductions wrote:My next update will be on November 25th, and will feature crossings from Georgia and maybe Virginia and possibly Wales(!) should I have time. Louisiana will have the following update from me, most likely on December 25th, with the one after that being Tennessee and maybe New York. New Jersey will likely be the following update with Alabama after that.
Quick change to this. The next update from me will be for Alabama, as it's the one I feel the most motivation to do. Since it has about 25 towns in it, it may be January 25, 2018 before it goes live. Louisiana, New Jersey, and/or New York will be the following ones, but not necessarily in that order.

TheSignalMan2000

Post by TheSignalMan2000 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:51 am

Hey FBP, since it's 2018, what does your 2018 plans look like regarding the site?
ImageImageImage
The crossing photographer of Louisiana, Mississippi, & East Texas

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSignalman2000/
My Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/158425094@N07/
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:26 pm

TheSignalMan2000 wrote:Hey FBP, since it's 2018, what does your 2018 plans look like regarding the site?
Well, I was gonna try and do an update on 1-25, but life got in the way of that, so it'll likely be 2-25 at the earliest. Gonna take it update by update with an announcement for what the next update will be a few months in advance.

NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
TheSignalMan2000 wrote:Hey FBP, since it's 2018, what does your 2018 plans look like regarding the site?
Well, I was gonna try and do an update on 1-25, but life got in the way of that, so it'll likely be 2-25 at the earliest. Gonna take it update by update with an announcement for what the next update will be a few months in advance.
I can wait, doesn't really seem that much of a big deal for me. I managed to fix my tripod, although i'm still trying to work the universal thingy or whatever it is called.
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:40 pm

My update schedule will be pretty much the same as last year with updates on the 12th of most months (I do have an update for Monday planned). February, March, and April will mostly focus on Illinois, a little Wisconsin, and maybe some Indiana, and then from May onwards it'll be back to Ohio.

Also, I know some people don't like having every crossing photographed, but for me personally, it's best to have all of them photographed so we know what they have. If you just photograph the cool crossings, no one will know what the other "non cool" crossings have, and sometimes people want to know, myself included. If you don't want to photograph them, that's perfectly fine, but for me, it's all or nothing. You can choose whether to view those crossings on the site or not, but I still want to photograph them, although it also gets me swamped with pictures that'll sit for over a year waiting to be posted, so it's a double edged sword.

I also do it to keep an archive of the crossing to see it progress through time. It's especially interesting for crossings on the UP Joliet Sub in Illinois, to see them transform from humble 2 signal crossings, to massive 4 or even 5 or 6 signal setups, sometimes with pedestrian gates.

Again, just my :2cents:
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm

TommyBNSF wrote: Also, I know some people don't like having every crossing photographed, but for me personally, it's best to have all of them photographed so we know what they have. If you just photograph the cool crossings, no one will know what the other "non cool" crossings have, and sometimes people want to know, myself included. If you don't want to photograph them, that's perfectly fine, but for me, it's all or nothing. You can choose whether to view those crossings on the site or not, but I still want to photograph them, although it also gets me swamped with pictures that'll sit for over a year waiting to be posted, so it's a double edged sword.

I also do it to keep an archive of the crossing to see it progress through time. It's especially interesting for crossings on the UP Joliet Sub in Illinois, to see them transform from humble 2 signal crossings, to massive 4 or even 5 or 6 signal setups, sometimes with pedestrian gates.
But that wasn't what this site was about during the Hickok days. Why can you guys just create a new website for documenting every crossing instead of completely changing an already existing website?
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:40 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
TommyBNSF wrote: Also, I know some people don't like having every crossing photographed, but for me personally, it's best to have all of them photographed so we know what they have. If you just photograph the cool crossings, no one will know what the other "non cool" crossings have, and sometimes people want to know, myself included. If you don't want to photograph them, that's perfectly fine, but for me, it's all or nothing. You can choose whether to view those crossings on the site or not, but I still want to photograph them, although it also gets me swamped with pictures that'll sit for over a year waiting to be posted, so it's a double edged sword.

But that wasn't what this site was about during the Hickok days. Why can you guys just create a new website for documenting every crossing instead of completely changing an already existing website?
Why didn't Google create a new website instead of changing YouTube? Why didn't Yahoo! create a new website instead of changing Flickr or Tumblr? Also, the site kinda sorta was about documenting just about every crossing in the Hickok days it appears (at least from the point of view as a person who came after he was around), at least until Google Street View became a thing.

Also, another thing that I'm gonna mention is that none of us are Mike. Most of us don't act, think, or even hold many (if any) of the same opinions as him. For example, my favorite standard install by any Class I railroad in the new millennium would be the early to mid 2000s CSX installs, both the gateless and gated ones. Mike probably wouldn't mind the gateless ones, but he definitely wouldn't like any of the gated ones.