Update #862

Updates to the website are shown here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, PaulSP, TommyBNSF

Update #862

Postby TommyBNSF » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:07 pm

43 new pictures of 2 new crossings from Cleveland, OH
26 new pictures of 1 new crossing from Maumee, OH
21 new picture of 1 updated crossing from Northwood, OH
3 new pictures and 1 new video of 1 updated crossing form Port Clinton, OH
183 new pictures and 1 new video of 7 new crossings from Shiloh, OH
108 new pictures and 1 new video of 6 new crossings from Sycamore, OH
29 new pictures of 1 new crossing from Walbridge, OH
47 new pictures of 2 new crossings from Waterville, OH
140 new pictures of 5 new crossings from Westlake, OH

With this update, Ohio is now split into 3 sections. Much thanks to Seth for making those pages for me.

Also, next update I'll be going back to Illinois crossings. Right now I can't really get in the mood to do my Ohio stuff. Before, I'd work on my Illinois submissions while I'm in Ohio and vice versa, mainly so I could try and get as much done from those states as possible (and in the case of Ohio, get completely done) before I return to them, but now I'm finding that harder to do as I want to do Illinois submissions while I'm in Illinois now, so I think I'm going to try that for a while.

Keep in mind, that this is still just a hobby of mine, so it's important to have motivation to keep going to do what you love, and if that means putting off Ohio stuff for a while, then that's what I'm going to do. I'm sorry to all those who were looking forward to more Ohio submissions, but I promise they will come sometime next year, and enjoy the new stuff posted today.
User avatar
TommyBNSF
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Morris, IL

Re: Update #862

Postby TrickyMario7654 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:10 pm

The link for Crocker Road is incorrect.
http://www.rxrsignals.com/Ohio/R-Z/Westlake/31

Wilmington and Woodville is listed twice and Yorking is missing from the page, as well as a town starting with Z that I can't remember.
http://www.rxrsignals.com/Ohio/R-Z/

Moline Martin Road has a squished up version of the header instead of the route shield.
http://www.rxrsignals.com/Ohio/R-Z/Walbridge/
User avatar
TrickyMario7654
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:45 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Update #862

Postby TommyBNSF » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:29 pm

All fixed.

Also, there is no Yorking for Ohio on the site, and there are no Z towns yet.
User avatar
TommyBNSF
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Morris, IL

Re: Update #862

Postby TrickyMario7654 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:37 pm

TommyBNSF wrote:All fixed.

Also, there is no Yorking for Ohio on the site, and there are no Z towns yet.

Oh I was thinking of Illinois. :oops:
User avatar
TrickyMario7654
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:45 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Update #862

Postby TommyBNSF » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:30 pm

That's Yorkville. :LOL:
User avatar
TommyBNSF
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Morris, IL

Re: Update #862

Postby TrickyMario7654 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:19 pm

TommyBNSF wrote:That's Yorkville. :LOL:

OMG, I need to have my memory checked. :Doh:
User avatar
TrickyMario7654
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:45 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Update #862

Postby NathanFromEngland » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:01 pm

The thumbnails links on the main page are incorrect.
When i click the link to the Cleveland Lakefront Station crossing, it takes me to Chippewa st. & Praire Ave.
Clicking on Dover Center Road sends me to Center Street
Clicking on Columbia Road sends me to Route 17
Clicking on Key Street sends me to Starved Rock Road
"You can't kill what's not your creation"

"Shawn Michaels"
User avatar
NathanFromEngland
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:52 pm
Location: West Derby, Liverpool, England.

Re: Update #862

Postby ToledoRailfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:36 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:The thumbnails links on the main page are incorrect.
When i click the link to the Cleveland Lakefront Station crossing, it takes me to Chippewa st. & Praire Ave.
Clicking on Dover Center Road sends me to Center Street
Clicking on Columbia Road sends me to Route 17
Clicking on Key Street sends me to Starved Rock Road


Which I personally think this might be a reason for my "site reform" idea. :Roll:

Just my :2cents: , that's all.
User avatar
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Update #862

Postby freebrickproductions » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:19 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:The thumbnails links on the main page are incorrect.
When i click the link to the Cleveland Lakefront Station crossing, it takes me to Chippewa st. & Praire Ave.
Clicking on Dover Center Road sends me to Center Street
Clicking on Columbia Road sends me to Route 17
Clicking on Key Street sends me to Starved Rock Road


Which I personally think this might be a reason for my "site reform" idea. :Roll:

Just my :2cents: , that's all.

I think Tommy just forgot to update the links before uploading the page to the site. I even messaged him over Facebook about it on the day of the update, and since he still has yet to fix it, I may just fix it myself.
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...

Send me or any other admin a private message or email if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
User avatar
freebrickproductions
 
Posts: 5454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:12 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Update #862

Postby ToledoRailfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:40 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:The thumbnails links on the main page are incorrect.
When i click the link to the Cleveland Lakefront Station crossing, it takes me to Chippewa st. & Praire Ave.
Clicking on Dover Center Road sends me to Center Street
Clicking on Columbia Road sends me to Route 17
Clicking on Key Street sends me to Starved Rock Road


Which I personally think this might be a reason for my "site reform" idea. :Roll:

Just my :2cents: , that's all.

I think Tommy just forgot to update the links before uploading the page to the site. I even messaged him over Facebook about it on the day of the update, and since he still has yet to fix it, I may just fix it myself.


This is common thing nowadays with updates to the site though. Maybe it wouldn't be if the site didn't have to have every single crossing in the world added to site (like it was in the Hickok days), more focus can be given to prevent errors like this from being made if all of the focus wasn't directed at creating a whole bunch of pages in a short amount of time.

Image
User avatar
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:38 pm


Return to Website Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron