Update Schedule for 2018

Updates to the website are shown here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

AmtrakProd

Re: Update Schedule for 2018

Post by AmtrakProd » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Well if your too busy then maybe Tommy could import my photos to the website, btw do you think you will have any admin spots open soon? Just wondering.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:50 pm

AmtrakProd wrote:Well if your too busy then maybe Tommy could import my photos to the website, btw do you think you will have any admin spots open soon? Just wondering.
You could talk to Tommy about it, and we don't at the moment. I have been considering starting back up the "regulars" that Mike H. had back in the day where a few people who know how to make pages for the site can have people send stuff to them and then they send it to one of the admins (likely Tommy or I) and then we upload it to the site. Gonna talk to the other admins about this first, but I think it'd be a good idea. Though if anyone's interested in being a "regular", go ahead an let me know.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:34 pm

I thought the "regulars" was just kind of a rating system for how frequently certain people would submit pages and photos for the site?

"High regulars"

"Standard regulars"

"Low regulars"

"Rare regulars"
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:00 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:I thought the "regulars" was just kind of a rating system for how frequently certain people would submit pages and photos for the site?

"High regulars"

"Standard regulars"

"Low regulars"

"Rare regulars"
I think so, but I also want to say that people could send crossings to the "regulars" and they'd make pages for those crossings as well. Either way, I kinda want to increase the number of people making pages for the site so it reduces the work load for Tommy and I (so we can focus higher quality pages for crossings and don't have huge backlogs).

AmtrakProd

Post by AmtrakProd » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:38 am

freebrickproductions wrote:
AmtrakProd wrote:Well if your too busy then maybe Tommy could import my photos to the website, btw do you think you will have any admin spots open soon? Just wondering.
You could talk to Tommy about it, and we don't at the moment. I have been considering starting back up the "regulars" that Mike H. had back in the day where a few people who know how to make pages for the site can have people send stuff to them and then they send it to one of the admins (likely Tommy or I) and then we upload it to the site. Gonna talk to the other admins about this first, but I think it'd be a good idea. Though if anyone's interested in being a "regular", go ahead an let me know.
I would like to be a regular, but someone would need to teach me.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:35 pm

AmtrakProd wrote:
That's part of the reason I have my livestreams get saved, so y'all can use them as reference for making webpages. I'll see about sending you the files for making webpages if you haven't gotten them already.

AmtrakProd

Post by AmtrakProd » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:48 pm

AmtrakProd wrote:
That's part of the reason I have my livestreams get saved, so y'all can use them as reference for making webpages. I'll see about sending you the files for making webpages if you haven't gotten them already.
Ah, that will help, any programs you would need to download
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:17 am

AmtrakProd wrote:
AmtrakProd wrote:
A webpage editing program (Adobe Dreamweaver or Kompozer) and Photoshop (for the headers). I have the files up on my Google Drive, and you can access them at these links:
General webpage stuff (.html files, .psd files, photo resizers, highway shields, etc.):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Adobe Dreamweaver (if this doesn't work, download Kompozer as it's free and works just as well, Tommy also uses Kompozer so you can ask him if you need any help):

Adobe Photoshop (if this doesn't work, then let me know and I'll make the headers for you when you send the otherwise completed pages over):

AmtrakProd

Post by AmtrakProd » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:46 am

AmtrakProd wrote:
AmtrakProd wrote:
A webpage editing program (Adobe Dreamweaver or Kompozer) and Photoshop (for the headers). I have the files up on my Google Drive, and you can access them at these links:
General webpage stuff (.html files, .psd files, photo resizers, highway shields, etc.):

When will we be able to upload.
Adobe Dreamweaver (if this doesn't work, download Kompozer as it's free and works just as well, Tommy also uses Kompozer so you can ask him if you need any help):

Adobe Photoshop (if this doesn't work, then let me know and I'll make the headers for you when you send the otherwise completed pages over):
When will we be able to post
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Send the files to me or Tommy and we'll get them up as soon as we can.