RRXingRick's Signals

Post all Microsoft Train Simulator pictures and videos here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

rrxingrick

Re: RRXingRick's Signals

Post by rrxingrick » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 am

TommyBNSF wrote:Patrick, I love the relay cases in your pictures and videos. I am kind of a relay case nut if you want to call me that. Are you going to release them to the public or at least to me?
I have not made any relay cases yet, I'm using ones from 3DTS. I may make some in the future.
rrxingrick

Post by rrxingrick » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:38 am

Caltrain927 wrote:Here's a screenshot thread for Patrick's MSTS crossing signals.

Patrick's site is down so if anyone wants these signals just ask me.
Hey, You wouldn't by any chance happen to have a dew detailed shots of that Griswold cantilever in the background would you? I'm preparing to release a high detail one of my own and I just wanted to see how much more detail mine has compared to that one. Thanks :cool: :Roll:
Caltrain927

Post by Caltrain927 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:24 pm

rrxingrick wrote:
Caltrain927 wrote:Here's a screenshot thread for Patrick's MSTS crossing signals.
Hey, You wouldn't by any chance happen to have a dew detailed shots of that Griswold cantilever in the background would you? I'm preparing to release a high detail one of my own and I just wanted to see how much more detail mine has compared to that one. Thanks :cool: :Roll:
Sure, these are Jovet's Griswold Cantilevers,
tash1285

Post by tash1285 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 pm

Is there anyway I can get these crossing signals. I need them for a route I'm building. I am also missing redlightoff.ace for the lights. I downloaded the lights from the MSTS downloads but I need the rest of the set. Can someone send them to me?? :Confused:
Lystermak

Post by Lystermak » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:03 pm

tash1285 wrote:Is there anyway I can get these crossing signals. I need them for a route I'm building. I am also missing redlightoff.ace for the lights. I downloaded the lights from the MSTS downloads but I need the rest of the set. Can someone send them to me?? :Confused:
PM Caltrain927, say that you want a request for rrxingricks signals. Give your email in the PM so that he knows where to send them. You should get them in a couple of days.
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:59 am

I've got the file. I'm assuming it was for the Dialight/Safetran FLX-4000 textures. I've re-uploaded both the 12"x20" and 12"x24" ZIP files with the file inside.

For those who are missing the file, I've uploaded it by itself at http://www.rxrsignals.net/MSTS_Download ... ghtoff.ace
dnewman1227

Post by dnewman1227 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:44 pm

rrxingrick wrote:
dnewman1227 wrote:I did receive this set. Unfortunately I don't see any instructions on how to install them. Just like with any other crossing set, I'm trying to figure out the light control w/o the directions.

BTW, Do anyone know the animation speed to the light control?
First off, Make sure they are set as a LevelCR entry in the .ref file of your route. If they are set as a static entry, you're not going to be happy. You need to place the light control units perfectly over the light heads, accomplish this by copying the x/y/z coordinates from the individual light heads to the individual light control units. Keep in mind that for every light head, you need 1 light control unit. For best results, place the LevelCR portions of the light controls all in the same place, all at the same time. For the animation, set the gate close/open time to how long you want the lights to stay on in conjunction with the gates on your signal going up (Example, you have your gates set to raise in 7 seconds, and you want your lights to shut off when the gate is about 85% up, set the lights to about 5.75 - 6 seconds.) If you are building a gateless crossing, its quite simple, the longer you set the gate open/close time, the longer it will take for the lights to shut off after the train has passed (Example, if you want the lights to shut off almost instantly, set the time to .1, if you want them to take like 5 seconds to shut off, set the time to around 5 seconds) Hope this helps.

:cool: Thanks, Patrick. It took me a month to figure it out, but I have the lights up and running. I have the crossing lights set up about five seconds before the arms lower down when the train approaches; and at the same time with the arms when it raises up. Once again, I appreciate your assistance on this problem. :TUP2:
dnewman1227

Post by dnewman1227 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey Patrick,

These crossings you created are WAAAAAY cooler than the previous set that I had. More realistic. The flashers, to say that they were suppose to be a "static" object, I've slightly converted them to "levelcr" objects along with the light controls due to a G-C issue. I've tested them out after placing them at the crossings ( having the minimum activation distance set @110.0 meters ) and they worked just great!! Also, I've used the negative numbers for the flashers to animate ( best setup: -0.0333 ).

Too bad there are no US&S Xings in the set, but I'm using the WCHs for the time being ( since they're slighty identical to each other ) along with the Safetrans for the Texas Panhandle Route, The Hereford Sub.

:TUP1: But Once again, I've really appreciated your assistance for showing me how to work this set. :TUP1:
Last edited by dnewman1227 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:34 pm

Couple questions...

Am I to assume I still need to PM CalTrain (as mentioned in an earlier post) to request the signal package, above and beyond what's available in the MSTS downloads section on the main site, in order to get everything I need for these signals?

Is there a how-to included in that package? Or, does anyone have a how-to? (At least, whatever I need to copy/paste into the .ref file...)

Thanks
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Haven't heard so much as a peep in the last 6 months or so.