RRXingRick's Signals

Post all Microsoft Train Simulator pictures and videos here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

cabman701

Re: RRXingRick's Signals

Post by cabman701 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:23 pm

Nice... but man those are some short signals. A guy driving a big rig might have a hard time seeing those!
Crossingman18

Post by Crossingman18 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:10 pm

That a GP40-2W?

Rest In Peace Guilford SD26 615!
Lystermak

Post by Lystermak » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:07 pm

Does anyone have a installation guide to installing RRxingrick's crossings? BTW, Those crossing pictures are nice! Are those ones from this website?
dnewman1227

Post by dnewman1227 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:01 pm

:Confused: I always wanted to figure out how those flashers interact without any problems. :Confused:
Lystermak

Post by Lystermak » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:17 pm

dnewman1227 wrote::Confused: I always wanted to figure out how those flashers interact without any problems. :Confused:
You use the lights as static objects and the light control covers the lights you need to animate the lights for them to work. The problem is that I can still see the lights flashing from far away. Did patrick ever make a guide to placing the crossings in the route editor?
dnewman1227

Post by dnewman1227 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:29 pm

I did receive this set. Unfortunately I don't see any instructions on how to install them. Just like with any other crossing set, I'm trying to figure out the light control w/o the directions.

BTW, Do anyone know the animation speed to the light control?
rrxingrick

Post by rrxingrick » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:03 am

dnewman1227 wrote:I did receive this set. Unfortunately I don't see any instructions on how to install them. Just like with any other crossing set, I'm trying to figure out the light control w/o the directions.

BTW, Do anyone know the animation speed to the light control?
First off, Make sure they are set as a LevelCR entry in the .ref file of your route. If they are set as a static entry, you're not going to be happy. You need to place the light control units perfectly over the light heads, accomplish this by copying the x/y/z coordinates from the individual light heads to the individual light control units. Keep in mind that for every light head, you need 1 light control unit. For best results, place the LevelCR portions of the light controls all in the same place, all at the same time. For the animation, set the gate close/open time to how long you want the lights to stay on in conjunction with the gates on your signal going up (Example, you have your gates set to raise in 7 seconds, and you want your lights to shut off when the gate is about 85% up, set the lights to about 5.75 - 6 seconds.) If you are building a gateless crossing, its quite simple, the longer you set the gate open/close time, the longer it will take for the lights to shut off after the train has passed (Example, if you want the lights to shut off almost instantly, set the time to .1, if you want them to take like 5 seconds to shut off, set the time to around 5 seconds) Hope this helps.
rrxingrick

Post by rrxingrick » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:06 am

Lystermak wrote:
dnewman1227 wrote::Confused: I always wanted to figure out how those flashers interact without any problems. :Confused:
You use the lights as static objects and the light control covers the lights you need to animate the lights for them to work. The problem is that I can still see the lights flashing from far away. Did patrick ever make a guide to placing the crossings in the route editor?
If I'm not mistaken, you need to check off the box on the light heads to terrain the the object, that usually helps, if that doesn't work, try terraining the Light control instead, its one of the 2.
Lystermak

Post by Lystermak » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:35 am

Thank You Patrick! This will help me a lot with the crossings.
mdpredmen

Post by mdpredmen » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:55 am

How can I get these crossing signals? They look really nice. :TUP1: