My HO train layout (and crossings!)

Discuss model railroads here. Model signals are ok too.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

wilek209

My HO train layout (and crossings!)

Post by wilek209 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Since early this year, I have been working on building a new HO-scale model train layout. It combines some new and old stuff (such as using DCC controls and locomotives, knuckle couplers, along with vintage Bachmann and Tyco operating accessories, classic Plasticville and Pola/Tyco building kits, etc.) The layout has SIX grade crossings on it, some of which still need a bit of work. I thought I'd share some photos of it...

NJ International Griswold crossing signal and Walthers cantilever crossing signal. I plan to get a controller for this crossing soon, so I can hook up the signals (probably a Logic Rail Tech "Grade Crossing Pro" controller or something.)

Non-operational Bachmann Plasticville crossing signals. I plan to replace them soon with functional signals.

Bachmann non-operating crossing. I also plan to replace this with a working crossing gate or something. The extra signal is from Life-Like.

A four-track crossing! Three of them are signalized (though not exactly for real), and one of the spurs just has signs.

TYCO operating crossing flasher from the 1980s. The lights do not "flash"; they both just simply stay on when power is applied via the pressure plate. It gets its' electricity from the tracks.

TYCO operating crossing gate. It has a pressure-operated gated signal (no working lights, but I'm considering installing LEDs into the signal. Knock-off crossing gates were also offered by Pemco, Bachmann and Life-Like (the latter two are still available to this day.)

Life-Like "lighted crossing signal." The lights don't flash; it hooks up to the power pack's AC terminals and just stays on like a typical illuminated accessory. Sure does look nice, though!

TYCO crossing gate in action. (Oops, forgot to close the rear Plasticville gate!)

TYCO crossing flasher in action.

Overview shots of the layout.

Any comments?
freebrickproductions

Re: My HO train layout (and crossings!)

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon May 26, 2014 11:06 pm

I like the Griswold signal!
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
microbuss

Post by microbuss » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:20 pm

oh HI there Wiley! I just joined this site hehe :LOL4:
LARDLOGO

Post by LARDLOGO » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:39 am

Nice layout :TUP2:
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!