Bachman CSX B32 "Surging" problem

Discuss model railroads here. Model signals are ok too.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Bachman CSX B32 "Surging" problem

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue May 27, 2014 4:17 pm

My friend has had this problem with his CSX B32 engine made by Bachman. SantaFeBuff says it might be deadspots or dirty contacts. My friend has cleaned the engine and has even taken it to a shop and they said they fixed it, but it still happened. Some things make it better but not much and it only happens on straight sections of track. What could be causing this?
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
LARDLOGO

Re: Bachman CSX B32 "Surging" problem

Post by LARDLOGO » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:36 am

Not a model railroader myself but I might have the solution.

Check the connection and wiring on the certain pieces of railroad track, this type of track seems to always break down.
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
ConductorWho

Post by ConductorWho » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:57 am

If that's Bachmann EZ-trak--especially the black roadbed/steel rail variant, that might be the problem. Switching over to nickel-silver rail would be a long-term solution, but a reasonable stopgap would be to wipe down the railheads using a cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol, and then following that up with a sparing application of RailZip to the trouble spots.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:18 am

ConductorWho wrote:If that's Bachmann EZ-trak--especially the black roadbed/steel rail variant, that might be the problem. Switching over to nickel-silver rail would be a long-term solution, but a reasonable stopgap would be to wipe down the railheads using a cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol, and then following that up with a sparing application of RailZip to the trouble spots.
We figured out that if you let the engine run for a while, it smoothes out. I'm not sure if the track's causing it because of that.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.