Signalogic Systems

Discuss model railroads here. Model signals are ok too.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Smjh1979
Site Admin

Signalogic Systems

Post by Smjh1979 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:37 pm

For those of you who are new to the forum, here's a link to where I'm talking about: http://www.signalogicsystems.com/

Many of you are already aware of this site, but there are some very important changes to note.

For years, the site has been offering signals from gated and gateless with flashing LEDs mounted on the gates, and from mast to cantilevers with optional side lights.

The time taken to make the gates was about 10 hours, and was very time consuming, so effective immediately, signals cannot be custom made anymore or bought.

However all is not finished! Updated circuits are available, and are better than ever.

The new CR-2 crossing controller is an updated gadget that allows extremely realistic performance from gated or gateless signals.

An LCD display is shown, and comes with new features such as track sensitivity, telling the controller if gates are used or not, flash rates for the lights, bell mode, and my favorite, setting the speed of the gates, so that they rise and lower at the exact speed that the gates lower (fast until 45°, slower until 85°, and very slow until 90°) On some models, I've seen the lights stay on when the gates are fully raised. This controller fixes all that! The lights will turn off when the gates go all the way up.

It costs $100 Canadian (about $85 US), but if you want to go realistic, I think it's worth it.

Also, the electronic bell is pretty neat too. There are options to have the bell sound mechanical, and having it ring fast, slow, or putting it to electronic type audio. I gave the option to use the audio clips from my site if he wants to, so imagine getting one of these and having a Safetran type 1 electronic bell sound coming out of this?

Work on the signals may resume if he has some people around to help him build them, but since it's a one-man job, it may seem very unlikely for a long time, just like this site. It was hard for one person (me) to run everything by myself. With some help from my regulars helping me with webpages, things are going a bit better. This is the same example. If anyone can help with the building, then I imagine signal production will resume, but for now, don't ask for custom signals, because they won't be made.