General signals type 2 E-bell

Talk about crossing signal companies here. International companies are okay too.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Username1

General signals type 2 E-bell

Post by Username1 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:49 am

When did the General Signals type 2 e-bell first come into production? I'm struggling to find information about the bell... :Curse1:
Metro, why are you so bad at maintaining your railway crossings??
LARDLOGO

Re: General signals type 2 E-bell

Post by LARDLOGO » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:17 am

Username1 wrote:When did the General Signals type 2 e-bell first come into production? I'm struggling to find information about the bell... :Curse1:
IIRC, it was around the early to mid 2000's. The GS bell was first put into production around 1992 and put into service on crossings around '97-'98.
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
Username1

Post by Username1 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:47 am

LARDLOGO wrote:
Username1 wrote:When did the General Signals type 2 e-bell first come into production? I'm struggling to find information about the bell... :Curse1:
IIRC, it was around the early to mid 2000's. The GS bell was first put into production around 1992 and put into service on crossings around '97-'98.
Thank you so much :)
Metro, why are you so bad at maintaining your railway crossings??
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:10 am

Username1 wrote:
LARDLOGO wrote:
The GS Type 2 started production by 2003. That's the year CSX sold off one of their lines to Omnitrax who created the ATN along it, and many of the ex-CSX signals along the line, especially along the Gadsden to Guntersville portion of the line, feature General Signals Type 2 electronic bells. Some of the early production/prototype GS Type 1s were put into service but are very rare to find. Paul found a pair at a crossing once, but both have since died and been replaced. I think he was able to get one of the bells though.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
AmtrakProd

Post by AmtrakProd » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:14 am

freebrickproductions wrote:
Username1 wrote:
LARDLOGO wrote:
The GS Type 2 started production by 2003. That's the year CSX sold off one of their lines to Omnitrax who created the ATN along it, and many of the ex-CSX signals along the line, especially along the Gadsden to Guntersville portion of the line, feature General Signals Type 2 electronic bells. Some of the early production/prototype GS Type 1s were put into service but are very rare to find. Paul found a pair at a crossing once, but both have since died and been replaced. I think he was able to get one of the bells though.
Im going to try to find a video of those bells then