When did WRRS stop making their Mechanical Bell?

Talk about crossing signal companies here. International companies are okay too.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, PaulSP, TommyBNSF

When did WRRS stop making their Mechanical Bell?

Postby SEMichiganRails » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:02 am

I just wanted to know when WRRS stopped making their Mechanical Bell. :Grin:
SEMichiganRails

Re: When did WRRS stop making their Mechanical Bell?

Postby NathanFromEngland » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Not sure, i'm probably thinking the 1990's or something, when Safetran and WCH started to take off. I'm probably thinking that WCH must've bought out WRRS or something.
"I will have your back until WrestleMania. I’ve turned against all my partners and more importantly, I’ve stabbed all my friends in the back. But with you, John, it’s different."

— Shawn Michaels commenting on his future WWE Championship match against John Cena.
NathanFromEngland

Postby SEMichiganRails » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:20 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:Not sure, i'm probably thinking the 1990's or something, when Safetran and WCH started to take off. I'm probably thinking that WCH must've bought out WRRS or something.

Okay, thanks! :Grin:
SEMichiganRails

Postby freebrickproductions » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:36 pm

It was in 1969 when Federal Signal took over WRRS and renamed them "Western Cullen Division". In 1977, Federal Signal sold off the Western Cullen Division and the company became Western Cullen Hayes.

However, one could make the argument that they technically have never stopped, just rebranded. The WCH 0333 mechanical bell is pretty much a WRRS 0222 mechanical bell, just with a few updates over the years. :cool:
R.I.P. HMCR 8933; 1951-2013. Hasn't been moved since it was put next to Huntsville High School in 2015.

Send me or any other admin a PM/e-mail if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
freebrickproductions

Postby ZachL » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:01 pm

A few updates including a change in the base as well.

The gongs sound slightly different, too.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
ZachL

Postby freebrickproductions » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:28 pm

ZachL wrote:A few updates including a change in the base as well.

The gongs sound slightly different, too.

Yea, it seems that all three different companies cast their gongs differently, with the two longer-lasting ones changing how they cast their gongs at least once (WRRS had two or three different gong variations, IIRC, and WCH has changed theirs about as much from my observations).
R.I.P. HMCR 8933; 1951-2013. Hasn't been moved since it was put next to Huntsville High School in 2015.

Send me or any other admin a PM/e-mail if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
freebrickproductions

Return to Crossing Signal Companies