Invensys Rail is no more.

Talk about crossing signal companies here. International companies are okay too.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

SantaFebuff

Invensys Rail is no more.

Post by SantaFebuff » Fri May 03, 2013 10:46 am

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php/si ... hannel=532

The official Invensys website is now redirected to here:
http://www.mobility.siemens.com/mobilit ... ation.aspx

I think, basically, this is the end of Safetran?

Funny to think that Griswold ended up with Siemens.

Cheers,
Joshua
LARDLOGO

Re: Invensys Rail is no more.

Post by LARDLOGO » Fri May 03, 2013 8:14 pm

R.I.P SafeTran
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
Nimhster

Post by Nimhster » Thu May 09, 2013 2:38 am

Oh, well crap. :aaargh:
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Fri May 10, 2013 12:31 am

Safetran hasn't been around for a long time, I have catalogs from 1999 that says Safetran signal corp an invensys company.
Siemens is a really good company, they built the light railcars for MetroLink Bi-State Development Agency.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
freedomtowerman

Post by freedomtowerman » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:16 am

So does mean that any new crossing installations won't have any Safetran parts?
SignalEngineerBob

Post by SignalEngineerBob » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:59 am

Worked at Safetran / Invensys for 16 years...8 years at Harmon Industries (now GE) before that. Safetran was a great company to work for back in the 90's. Ended up leaving and going to Siemens...who bought Invensys 4 months later...

Siemens, as of now, is keeping the Safetran brand. Safetran's relays are well known, along with their crossing warning detection systems (GCP 4000, GCP 3000, etc.). Siemens is new in the freight railroad business, especially in North America and this is a good business model. They may change the branding...not sure.

Harmon did this when they bought EPC (Electro Pneumatic Corporation) back in the late 80s.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16 pm

SignalEngineerBob wrote:Worked at Safetran / Invensys for 16 years...8 years at Harmon Industries (now GE) before that. Safetran was a great company to work for back in the 90's. Ended up leaving and going to Siemens...who bought Invensys 4 months later...

Siemens, as of now, is keeping the Safetran brand. Safetran's relays are well known, along with their crossing warning detection systems (GCP 4000, GCP 3000, etc.). Siemens is new in the freight railroad business, especially in North America and this is a good business model. They may change the branding...not sure.

Harmon did this when they bought EPC (Electro Pneumatic Corporation) back in the late 80s.
I know for a fact that they've changed the branding on the gate mechanisms. Other than that, I haven't seen any changes to the equipment.
http://www.rxrsignals.net/Alabama/Decatur/Beltline/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.