Railroad crossings in Video Games

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

LosAngelesMetro56

Re: Railroad crossings in Video Games

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 pm

I can't believe no mentioned the hilarious :Censored: Saints Row series. Each game except I think Gate out of Hell has non-active crossings.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Mon May 01, 2017 2:25 am

There is a railroad crossing on a track in that racing game Blur, when you pass it the first time the signals are non-active. The next time you pass the signals are active. Unfortunately the trains don't move :(
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Fri May 12, 2017 12:06 pm

I should've also mentioned Battlefield Hardline.

Derailed and Backwoods has railroad crossings but non-moving trains.

In the mission, Back to School. There is a scene with a homeless guy cleaning the squad cars windscreen but gets turned down and shouts a swear word after the drive away from him after the crossing has raised.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:08 pm

In Watch Dog's. there are a ton of railroad crossings in the Brandon Docks area. Although no trains use them, what makes it even more stranger is that it has Japanese styled gates that are too short. The lights are red on one side and green on the other side! That is weird.

EDIT: There are also some in Pawnee that can be used as blockers. The bells are replica WC Hayes E-bells, 12x20 inch lights, and WC Hayes gate mechanisms.
IanMP

Post by IanMP » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:07 pm

There is an abandonned activated crossing in Need For Speed Rivals, but the gates stays up...
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Both Watch Dogs games have railroad crossings. In 2, the ACE San Francisco line is replicated but not in service
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:50 pm

American Truck Simulator contains BNSF railway (In the game its branded as BMFL) and the recently released New Mexico DLC containers the New Mexico Rail Runner Express.
SirKrunch

Post by SirKrunch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:American Truck Simulator contains BNSF railway (In the game its branded as BMFL) and the recently released New Mexico DLC containers the New Mexico Rail Runner Express.

I love the physics of that game... Crossing gates go down with little warning and if you are at full speed, hitting the gates is like slamming into a brick wall. All damage to the truck, none to the gates. :LOL2:

All I can say is... go to 13:25. Wow.
Well, :Censored:
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:23 pm

HA HA... that's awesome. I like how the blue truck pulls up to the crossing and waits. Like nothing is going on there. :Roll:
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:16 pm

Sorry for bumping this topic. Test Drive Eve of Destruction has railroad crossing signals in them. Sadly the signals don't activate at all, but There is this glitch that happens if you somehow get past the crossing in the game.
Last edited by Nascar Fan007 on Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.