New Regulars Wanted (CLOSED)

News on the website and/or forum is posted here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Smjh1979
Site Admin

New Regulars Wanted (CLOSED)

Post by Smjh1979 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 pm

NOTE: NEW REGULARS REQUESTS IS CLOSED.

For the longest time, I've requested new regulars for the western half of the US, due to low coverage. Seeing as how this isn't working, and with submissions being low for the last 2 weeks, and posts low on the forum, I'm going to reopen submissions to everyone again.

I would still prefer to have more people join from the western half of the US, but I will take people from the East, and in Canada as well.

Western States I would like to have submitted in:

New Mexico (Anywhere in the State)
Oregon (Southern 2/3 of the State)
Washington state (Anywhere in the State)
Utah (Anywhere in the State)
Colorado (Anywhere in the State)
Idaho (Anywhere in the State)
Nevada (Anywhere in the State)
Wyoming (Anywhere in the State)
Montana (Anywhere in the State)
Arizona (Most UP, BNSF I-40, and shortline areas)
California (Northern 1/3, LA Harbor Area, Southern Deserts)

Eastern States I would like to have submitted in:

Indiana (Anywhere in the State)
New York (Anywhere in the State)
Maine (Anywhere in the State)
Vermont (Anywhere in the State)
Rhode Island (Anywhere in the State)
New Hampshire (Anywhere in the State)
Massachusetts (Places not covered on the site already)
Maryland (Anywhere in the State)
Connecticut (Anywhere in the State)

These are just lists I can think of right now. I will be more open to other states right now.

Due to the inactivity, I'll be accepting at least 5 new regulars, with more possibly depending on how things go.

Email me at Smjh1979@cableone.net or Smjh1979@gmail.com to get started.
illinoistrains

Re: New Regulars Wanted (ALL OPEN!)

Post by illinoistrains » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:58 pm

I have a few pictures of the quiet zone crossing in Wellton, AZ, not much but its something. I also have some updated pictures of crossings in Arizona that i might be able to submit in the future.
Visit my website to see my complete collection of over 2,200 train pictures:
http://cnfan1.rrpicturearchives.net/
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Okay. You're added on. Hope to see some good stuff soon. :Smile: You are the first of 1 so far to be added on.

Anyone else interested?
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Up to 2 now. Former forum member Boxcom has come back, to submit at least 40 crossings from the New Jersey area.
US&STeardrop

Post by US&STeardrop » Mon May 24, 2010 1:34 pm

I've got quite a few pictures of signals in the bangor,maine area if you want them. :cool:
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Oooh... I like the Maine area. Too bad Crossingman18 had to move out there. I looked at a lot of crossings in Maine, and I like that state.

Let's wait until early June before I do anything, because even though temperatures are great now, they'll warm up again, and I don't have any A/C installed. I've been told we can install them on June 1. When that happens, I'll see about accepting new people then.

I would accept new people quicker, if I had some help, but I've gotten nearly zero replies.
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Re: New Regulars Wanted (CLOSED)

Post by Smjh1979 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm going to close all requests for new regulars right now, since I can't handle the load right now.

I have accepted 2 new people so far. To the three people who are waiting, I will add you later on when I can, sometime in June.

The reasons why I can't accept those 3 people right now...

1) The economy & the heat. Can't run the A/C right now. If I run the computer in the afternoon and early evening, the CPU gets too hot, and could die.

2) I'm getting severely burned out. Lack of people wanting to help work on webpages for me another contributing factor. I was barely able to get this week's 115 pictures complete.

3) My computer is so outdated. 480 MB of RAM and 32 MB of video RAM isn't cutting it anymore. My computer has been freezing severely the last few weeks, when running any commands. The start menu can take up to 45 seconds to appear, 1:30 to 2:00 for Photoshop to respond between freezes, 5 minute freeze when Photoshop starts.

I also do have a laptop, it has 64 MB of video RAM (adjustable to at least 128 MB or more), but the RAM in that laptop is only 256 MB. I can upgrade that to 2 GB later on, but I can't afford to.

A/C may be installed in early June if all goes well. If that does happen, I will accept at least one new person (I have an idea who it'll be) for sending in pictures.

RAM upgrades (not video RAM) would require about $175 to accomplish, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Keep in mind that I really, really do like getting pictures in. A lot of stuff I have seen is very interesting, but with how slow my computer is, and with no money around, I can't keep up the pace alone.

To the 3 people who are waiting still, please be patient, and I'll get around to you eventually. Early June may be too optimistic on my part, and some people may have to wait a few more months.

:closed2: