Complaints about file sizes and resolution displays

News on the website and/or forum is posted here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Smjh1979
Site Admin

Complaints about file sizes and resolution displays

Post by Smjh1979 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:18 pm

I've gotten numerous complaints (several per week from PaulSP and SouthernPacificLines) from many people who work on webpages that the filesizes and resolutions underneath every picture is redundant.

My argument is that there may be people using very slow internet like ISDN or dial-up. I have two questions on this subject:

1) Is there anyone using internet speeds less than 1 Mb per second for download speed?
2) Would you like to see the resolutions and file sizes either disappear, or show just a range?
mlgillson

Re: Complaints about file sizes and resolution displays

Post by mlgillson » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:52 pm

As far as I'm concerned, it's not necessary to have the file sizes or resolutions. I can't think of any other site that has this information.
Mafarnz

Post by Mafarnz » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:04 pm

On any web browser, you can right click on an image and get the file size and resolution, if someone is on a slow internet and concerned about that info. It's not unnecessary info per say, just having it displayed with the image is redundant. :2cents:
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:02 pm

I would have to agree... maybe 5 years ago this information was relevant because more people were using dial up or a slower type of internet connection. But I think now most people have at least DSL or above. I have DSL at home and have no problem viewing pictures on your site... they download quite fast.

I could see that part going away with no problem... and it would save you time as well I'm sure.
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:26 pm

SouthernPacificLines wrote:I think its unnecessary.
Ditto.
mlgillson

Post by mlgillson » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:31 pm

cabman701 wrote:and it would save you time as well I'm sure.
It'd save some frustration also.
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Smjh1979 wrote:I've gotten numerous complaints (several per week from PaulSP and SouthernPacificLines) from many people who work on webpages that the filesizes and resolutions underneath every picture is redundant.

My argument is that there may be people using very slow internet like ISDN or dial-up. I have two questions on this subject:

1) Is there anyone using internet speeds less than 1 Mb per second for download speed?
2) Would you like to see the resolutions and file sizes either disappear, or show just a range?
GET RID OF THE F :Censored: KIN' THINGS
It gets soo old renaming those things, part of the reason I cant make webpages anymore.
Mike if you were able to get rid of some of the redundant and ridiculous things I might be able to start making webpages again :LOL3:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Okay. Point taken. Only 7 out of 79 have voted, but the majority who work on webpages (4 of 8) have voted in favor of the filesizes being gone.

I'll still require the file sizes to be shown for audio clips however.

I've made templates of all pages for Kompozer and Dreamweaver. See me to get them.

:Closed4: