Out of commission until further notice

News on the website and/or forum is posted here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

ES44AH

Re: Out of commission until further notice

Post by ES44AH » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Smjh1979 wrote:I was called this morning, and was told that I'm having Chemo Tomorrow morning, lasting for 2 days, with more 2 day sessions as time goes on.

This is going to determine whether or not I can stay with this site. I've been making lots of spelling errors too.

Also to those who talk on Skype, my back sores have gotten progressively worse. I can't even sit up for 30 seconds without hurting. It's even hurting me to type right now.

More Tomorrow when I get Chemo...
Mike I hope the Chemo goes well. You need to be resting anyways instead of talking on Skype.

Get well soon Mike.
MichiganCSX622

Post by MichiganCSX622 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Its been a while, and i thought i'd check in on the site. Seeing this news is not what i expected at all. I really dont know what to say. Im sorry about the whole thing, i will be praying for you Mike. :Cry1:

-Shayne
Nimhster

Post by Nimhster » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Damn, Mike, I'm so sorry... :Cry1:
I've known you for about five years now and I've been a semi-regular to this site since then. I've watched the site grow to the strength it is today and how much time, effort and money you've put into it. You've gathered the attention of hundreds of thousands of people to your website, brought together railfans from numerous parts of the globe and have inspired us all to share our photos with you and everyone else. I consider you to be one of the greatest friends I've ever made online.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Apparently my chemo doctor keeps changing times on me, so it'll now be next week before I get 72 hours of chemo in a row.

As some news that happened last week, I was in the hospital again due to the pain I had. My 2nd day in, I could not pee anymore. I had to have a catheter put in for 2 1/2 days (hurts very badly too.) That problem was taken care of due to a clot, but everything is working fine there now.

I have a primary doctor now to take care of the extreme pain I had a while back. The pain was so extreme everywhere, that I just wanted my whole body numbed. I have something that works somewhat, but it still doesn't take away all the pain. These medications take about 1/3 of the pain away, so I'll see about getting it increased.

I still have my pain, and I'm very woozy. I've given the passwords to the site to Mike Gillson a few days ago, but he is in no ways ready to accept submissions, so hold off until he says he's ready.

Signing off until whenever...
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Damn Mike, I'm really sorry to hear about your pains and suffering going on. I will pray that there is some way to cure you up. I don't want to think about the worst. :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1:
luke

Post by luke » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:45 pm

After being away for so long, I come back to a bombshell. :Scared:

Mike, you are in my prayers.
weatherdan882002

Post by weatherdan882002 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Not that I like to dwell on a negative, but since we haven;t heard anything in a while, have you made any progress with your chemo?
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:18 pm

No problem. I was getting around to updating it anyways. I was going to update it Today anyways...

Here's the latest...

I've had 4 rounds of Chemotherapy and things are going just fine. I'm feeling very good here. My legs for a while were retaining water, making them swell and hurt. I'm on medication right now to bring them down. I've been taking them for a few weeks, and they have done the trick. My legs feel good now, and the pain is a lot less than it was.

I'm feeling about 90% like my old self. The only problem is still my strength. I used to lift about 50 lbs. before I was sick. Now I'm lucky if I can do 20 lbs. I've been told that my strength will return when the chemo is over with. The last chemo will occur on January 4, 2012.

The biggest change has been my weight. I've shown TrainmanKight and PaulSP my new look, and they have been flabbergasted at my weight loss.

Before I was sick, I weighed 272 lbs. As of Today (September 12), I weigh 207. I'm going to include pictures on how I look so that everyone can "see the new me".

Here are the pictures: A front, and side view:
DSC00763.JPG
Picture 1 of 2. Taken the night of September 10, 2011.
DSC00763.JPG (161.88 KiB) Viewed 14418 times
DSC00764.JPG
Picture 2 of 2. Taken the night of September 10, 2011.
DSC00764.JPG (172.87 KiB) Viewed 14418 times
Both pictures were taken with flashes. No, my hair is not red colored. It's an illusion from the flash. This is how I look now about 65 lbs. lighter. I have baggy clothes on too, so it may give off an illusion that I'm still fat on the side view.

To MD2020: Do I still look like John Candy now? :ROFL:

Any other questions, ask away...
gedunk

Post by gedunk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:07 pm

That's quite a change Mike. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I'm not sure I would personally want to try that diet plan tho.... Goodness.

John Candy? Nah!
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 pm

gedunk wrote:That's quite a change Mike. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I'm not sure I would personally want to try that diet plan tho.... Goodness.

John Candy? Nah!
Well he doesn't look like John Candy anymore.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight