What's going on around here?

News on the website and/or forum is posted here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Re: What's going on around here?

Post by 0333 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:05 pm

I sent in a lot of pages from California, and I still need to submit a couple more.
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:56 pm

ZachL wrote:Wow, I honestly thought that the tracks that run through St. Petersburg were dead! :Ohmy:
The last crossing with signals still in place is 9th Ave N. I seen evidence of activity just to the west of I-275 (near 22nd St N). Never actually have seen a train, but there are train cars parked there at times. I think when a train does run, it's a short one, and it goes up into Clearwater.

Here is a short train heading towards St Pete from Pinellas Park in June: https://www.google.com/maps/@27.8608616 ... OnLIWA!2e0
KLM92

Post by KLM92 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:40 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:From what I've heard talking with Gillson over Skype, there was a disagreement after Mike died causing several people to leave the forum.
This is the absolute understatement of the century. "Disagreement" doesn't even begin to describe the dishonesty and thievery of thousands of dollars worth of railroad signal equipment from another collector by the worthless "moderators" of this site. I'm pointing fingers at you Michael Gilson and Kighty. Mr Gilson runs away and hides when confronted about his clear wrongdoing (pathetic) and Kight enabled and instigated the act which would not have happened otherwise.

All of the former regulars on this forum know what happened (a certain loud mouth couldn't keep his mouth shut) and decided that they wanted no part of the dishonesty going on here. We left. I'll end this with a simple statement, Hickok would be absolutely disgusted with what happened to his pride and joy crossing website. The way this site has been ran since his death is no way to pay tribute to its creator. Good job guys. OVER.
Kody M

McCoy Signal Restoration
RacoGS

Post by RacoGS » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:53 pm

KLM92 wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:From what I've heard talking with Gillson over Skype, there was a disagreement after Mike died causing several people to leave the forum.
This is the absolute understatement of the century.
You could say that again... :Roll:
KLM92 wrote:The way this site has been ran since his death is no way to pay tribute to its creator. Good job guys.
Shameful.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:59 pm

To be honest, it's kinda hard to run a site when almost no-one is active anymore.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
RacoGS

Post by RacoGS » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:57 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:To be honest, it's kinda hard to run a site when almost no-one is active anymore.
Freebrick, you have no idea. :Roll:
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:57 pm

RacoGS wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:To be honest, it's kinda hard to run a site when almost no-one is active anymore.
The thing to realize is Hickok was unemployed and seeking a job and never did findone, so he was usually home and could constantly update the site. With almost everyone else on here, they either have full time jobs or don't have the skills to maintain this website. I work 8 months out of the year at Cedar Point (March-November) so right now I could do a lot of updates, but I don't know how to, nor would Gillson let me have control of it. I'm sure we won't find another person like Hickok again, but we should at least try to keep his legacy going. I know I'm doing the best on my part to keep the site going, but I'm just one person.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:29 pm

If this has come down to how often the site gets updated, then maybe what should be set up is FTP access to those that have page-building rights (or capabilities). I'd be more than glad to dedicate some of my free time to building pages for the site and get those up and live in a more timely fashion, however the final call lies in Mr. Gillson's hands.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
csxrailfan2

Post by csxrailfan2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:39 am

TommyBNSF wrote:
RacoGS wrote:
The thing to realize is Hickok was unemployed and seeking a job and never did findone, so he was usually home and could constantly update the site. With almost everyone else on here, they either have full time jobs or don't have the skills to maintain this website. I work 8 months out of the year at Cedar Point (March-November) so right now I could do a lot of updates, but I don't know how to, nor would Gillson let me have control of it. I'm sure we won't find another person like Hickok again, but we should at least try to keep his legacy going. I know I'm doing the best on my part to keep the site going, but I'm just one person.

I think you're missing the point.....
Mario Kart Wii Friend Code - 1075-5705-0910

Sonic & the Sega All-Stars Racing Friend Code - 2235-9268-8983
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:58 pm

I do realize that Thomas, but I thought it was important to note that both the photographers inactivity and the page owner's inactivity have led to this site being near dormant.