DNS Move is Complete

News on the website and/or forum is posted here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

DNS Move is Complete

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Just thought that I'd let y'all know that we've successfully moved DNS servers and we should be good from here on out (or for a while longer, at the very least)!
Also, got confirmation from Gillson that the site didn't have any interrupted service as far as he's aware.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Re: DNS Move is Complete

Post by ToledoRailfan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:47 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:Just thought that I'd let y'all know that we've successfully moved DNS servers and we should be good from here on out (or for a while longer, at the very least)!
Also, got confirmation from Gillson that the site didn't have any interrupted service as far as he's aware.
I don't know what that means! :LOL3:
freebrickproductions

Re: DNS Move is Complete

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:20 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:Just thought that I'd let y'all know that we've successfully moved DNS servers and we should be good from here on out (or for a while longer, at the very least)!
I don't know what that means! :LOL3:
DNS is the domain name service. It's what allows you to type in a URL to access a site instead of having to type an IP address. If your computer can't access the DNS server, but you know the IP address of the site you want to access, you could use it instead of the URL, for example.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.