Railroad Crossing Model (WCH)

Post all Railworks pictures and videos here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

CSXtrainman13

Railroad Crossing Model (WCH)

Post by CSXtrainman13 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Ok, so im making a new Signal for Train Simulator 2014, it's gonna be a WCH, i started on the bell, any opinions?
Attachments
bandicam 2014-03-23 17-14-39-662.jpg
bandicam 2014-03-23 17-14-39-662.jpg (65.87 KiB) Viewed 12403 times
Cheers From Florida!

SantaFebuff

Re: Railroad Crossing Model (WCH)

Post by SantaFebuff » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:51 pm

First off I would be careful with your poly count, but more pressing is that your yellow cylinder looks a little short. What I would do is make a plane the exact height and width of a WCH e-bell and texture it with a perfect side-on shot of a WCH e-bell and work from that as a reference. Like a blue-print behind the model.

Cheers,
Joshua
CSXtrainman13

Post by CSXtrainman13 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:15 pm

SantaFebuff wrote:First off I would be careful with your poly count, but more pressing is that your yellow cylinder looks a little short. What I would do is make a plane the exact height and width of a WCH e-bell and texture it with a perfect side-on shot of a WCH e-bell and work from that as a reference. Like a blue-print behind the model.

Cheers,
Joshua

Whats a Poly Count? And I actually did that, i used a side drawing and modeled it that way.
Cheers From Florida!

SantaFebuff

Post by SantaFebuff » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:00 pm

A poly count is a the count of the polygons that are in the mesh or model.

You don't want to make the bell too "high poly" or with too many polygons because each polygon must be rendered by the graphics card. It's quite wasteful to have a high poly bell. Like the regular definition of a polygon, it is just a 2D shape, it's what 3D models are made out of. Each side of a cube in a 3D modeling program is made up of two triangles. Each one counts as a single poly. The program should have a poly count available somewhere, and you can see them if you switch to a wire-mesh view.

Cheers,
Joshua
NSrailfan4life

Post by NSrailfan4life » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Nice work so far. Hope to see more soon! :cool: :Clap: :TUP1:
C.E.O. of Nelsons Trainsim Store Nelson Acosta: Our Webpage: http://trafficlight658.wix.com/nelsonstrainsimstore