A San Jose crossing

Want to show off a future update? Show it here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

bnsfc44

A San Jose crossing

Post by bnsfc44 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:41 am

Here's a preview of a crossing in San Jose, Ca. I was on a short railfan trip towards Sacramento with a detour through the Bay Area. I had a 20 minute lay over before I had to catch Caltrain to San Fransisco so I went to a near by crossing. Hopefully I can get it worked on before the next update.

Smjh1979
Site Admin

Re: A San Jose crossing

Post by Smjh1979 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:47 am

Looks interesting. Those 8" side lights look intriguing. They almost look like they have clear LEDs on them.
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:38 pm

bnsfc44 wrote:Here's a preview of a crossing in San Jose, Ca. I was on a short railfan trip towards Sacramento with a detour through the Bay Area. I had a 20 minute lay over before I had to catch Caltrain to San Fransisco so I went to a near by crossing. Hopefully I can get it worked on before the next update.

ahh yes vta light rail
the one rail line that maintainers actually know how to wire a bell correctly though the XR relay, to the bell contact on the gate Mech, and then to the bell :TUP2:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:24 pm

I like the idea of using the 8 inchers for the side lights. Makes sense since those are meant for pedestrians only.

The gate motors with the ped gates on the opposite side look kind of funny without the big bracket and the counterweights on them.
gedunk

Post by gedunk » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:33 am

Neat looking crossing. It took me a moment to realize it is a one-way street. I agree: 8 inch is perfect for pedestrians.
bnsfc44

Post by bnsfc44 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:55 pm

8" lights are good for pedestrians. I hopefully will be making a return trip to San Jose to explore more crossings this summer. Maybe I can catch this crossing in action.