Previews for next month

Want to show off a future update? Show it here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

gedunk

Previews for next month

Post by gedunk » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:39 pm

Last edited by gedunk on Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gedunk

Re: Previews for next month

Post by gedunk » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm told the third link is dead. Let me try again:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 0,4.859375
AndyWS

Post by AndyWS » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Link is good now. Neat crossings, especially the 1st and 2nd ones. I like seeing street running. I like how the first one looks like it is in the middle of nowhere, and the tracks paralleling the road before curving across.
gedunk

Post by gedunk » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:04 pm

The crossing in the first link, the tracks and road parallel for quite a distance, except one is usually at a much different elevation than the other on a rather steep hill side. That one spot the only place they cross. When I was there yesterday, there was a light covering of moss on both signals.

It used to be SP/UP, but now it's operated by Roaring Camp, a scenic RR, out of Felton. Mainly a summer time operation. The have a narrow gauge Shay that runs on old logging iron, and some standard gauge gauge stuff that runs this line. This runs from the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, to Felton. Quite a bit of street running, with 2 wigwags along the way in Old Town(think Victorian homes) Santa Cruz.

Googe street view Chestnut Street in Santa Cruz CA. First wigwag is at Lincoln, the second at Walnut. I don't think the street view reaches the second wigwag though.