Wisconsin section of update 857

Find any mistakes such as dead links, misspelled text, or any other inaccuracies? Post them here to get them fixed.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

AndyWS

Wisconsin section of update 857

Post by AndyWS » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Found quite a litany of errors here...

1.) Oak Creek and Milwaukee links on the homepage are broken. They point to .../L-Q/ instead of .../L-P/.

2.) On the Milwaukee page, Green Bay Ave. should be grayed out for defunct. There's also a minor text error at the bottom of that crossing's page, a space is missing between the words "what" and "survived."

3.) Memorial Dr. in Racine is a dead link to ...Racine/Sauk

4.) First four pictures on Hansche Rd. in Racine are dead links. .JPG/.jpg error.

5.) I see from Google Street view that 17th St. in Milwaukee has been closed (Boo, hiss!). The name was grayed out on the city page, but the crossing page needs the flashing "Defunct X-ing" banner.

Not really errors per se but possible oversights:

1.) I don't know if you intend to put the US, state or county highway logo (if applicable) in the header like Mike H. used to do (looks like you do since you did so for Washington Ave. in Racine), but Green Bay Ave. in Milwaukee is also Wis. Highway 57.

2.) I know I submitted several crossings in the city of Wauwatosa, WI (just west of Milwaukee), but those weren't added. Did you just not get to them or did they get lost?

3.) Also, I could have sworn I submitted my own pictures of Weyer Rd. in Pewaukee (when it still had incandescent lights), and Maple Ave. on the UP line in Sussex. It's possible I just forgot to submit those, but the Wauwatosa ones I'm positive about.

4.) You can credit me as AndyWS in the future. WEHRAR17 is derived from my old UW-Green Bay e-mail address, which has been defunct for several years now.
freebrickproductions

Re: Wisconsin section of update 857

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:58 am

I'll pass these onto Tommy. I think I forgot to forward the submissions from Wauwatosa, WI to him, which is probably why they weren't posted. In the point below that one, I can't ever recall receiving the submissions for those crossings.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Yeah I realize that update wasn't my shining star. I'll try and get those fixed soon.

1. I'm so used to using L-Q with Illinois (leftover from the Hickok days) so that was a simple oversight.

2. Simple fix

3. Sauk is part of my template so I forgot to change it to Memorial.

4. Simple fix

5. Not sure how that happened but simple fix.

1. I usually do add them but I must've forgotten with that one.

2. I did get them and I made pages for them but I must've forgotten to post them. I had so much trouble with the state pages with this update that I must've just forgotten to add them.

3. I don't recall you sending those to me before, but I'd be glad to add them in soon if you can send the pics to me.

4. I wasn't sure what to credit you with, so I'll keep in mind to use AndyWS in the future, sorry about that.
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am

Most errors are fixed, aside from the main page one, as I'll be updating the site on the 12th anyways with a new update, so it'll be fresh.

I take back what I said about the Wauwatosa crossings. I was thinking of the ones from Milwaukee I made pages for. I think David's right in that he never forwarded them to me, or maybe he did and I completely forgot about it (I tend to be bad at remembering other people's submissions. :Unsure: )
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:40 am

TommyBNSF wrote: I take back what I said about the Wauwatosa crossings. I was thinking of the ones from Milwaukee I made pages for. I think David's right in that he never forwarded them to me, or maybe he did and I completely forgot about it (I tend to be bad at remembering other people's submissions. :Unsure: )
The blame for this lays entirely on my shoulders. I'll see about getting them forwarded to you tomorrow, if possible.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
AndyWS

Post by AndyWS » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Tommy, PM me your e-mail. Then I can just include you on the submissions directly. I've been posting them to Google Drive.