A review of my recent past, and an appreciation...

Discussion on this very website and/or forum is talked about here. Not happy with HostMDS's crash? Speak your mind here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

gedunk

A review of my recent past, and an appreciation...

Post by gedunk » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:08 pm

I was just going through a review of all my posts over the life of this forum. I don't know if any others have done this, but if not I recommend it. It's kind of eye-opening.

Mostly what I have found is this: as a group of signal enthusiasts, our overall number is small. There is a very large number of railroad fans worldwide, but our subgroup of crossing signal fans is apparently very small in number. But as the time on this and the previous forum has shown, it is also pretty solid.

Some have come and gone; most still seem to be around. There have been squabbles and arguments, but for the most part everybody seems to cruise right along. For a long while I believed that I was alone in my fascination of crossing signals, but I know now that is not the case.

We all come from pretty different backgrounds: I'm sure that I'm the oldest one (chronologically speaking that is) on this site. But we do have this one interest in common that keeps Mike gainfully occupied. I'm grateful he doesn't charge me to be here.

So, thank you everybody. Keep posting.
illinoistrains

Re: A review of my recent past, and an appreciation...

Post by illinoistrains » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:11 am

gedunk wrote:I was just going through a review of all my posts over the life of this forum. I don't know if any others have done this, but if not I recommend it. It's kind of eye-opening.

Mostly what I have found is this: as a group of signal enthusiasts, our overall number is small. There is a very large number of railroad fans worldwide, but our subgroup of crossing signal fans is apparently very small in number. But as the time on this and the previous forum has shown, it is also pretty solid.

Some have come and gone; most still seem to be around. There have been squabbles and arguments, but for the most part everybody seems to cruise right along. For a long while I believed that I was alone in my fascination of crossing signals, but I know now that is not the case.

We all come from pretty different backgrounds: I'm sure that I'm the oldest one (chronologically speaking that is) on this site. But we do have this one interest in common that keeps Mike gainfully occupied. I'm grateful he doesn't charge me to be here.

So, thank you everybody. Keep posting.
well said. There are many other signal fans out there, but they might not have internet access, or know about the Fourm. I went to mikes site for about 2 years before i found out about the fourm.
Visit my website to see my complete collection of over 2,200 train pictures:
http://cnfan1.rrpicturearchives.net/
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:16 pm

I too thought for many years I was just weird because I liked crossing signals. When I found Mike's site about 7 years ago I could not believe my eyes!

I agree, there are probably quite a few of more like us out there. Either they do not know about the site/forum, or are too afraid to admit that they are "unique" like us. :Smile:
bnsflover

Post by bnsflover » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 am

I have been viewing this site from the start. Now, I am taking pictures of crossings in my area just like all of you. :TUP2:
Rob
Certrified BNSF Lover.
BNSF rulez!
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 pm

bnsflover wrote:I have been viewing this site from the start. Now, I am taking pictures of crossings in my area just like all of you. :TUP2:
Been viewing since 1999, or 2005?
bnsflover

Post by bnsflover » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 pm

I started around 1999-2000, I temporarily lost my interest in crossing signals, then came back in 2003.
Rob
Certrified BNSF Lover.
BNSF rulez!
Nimhster

Post by Nimhster » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 pm

I found this website in 2006, and have been watching it since. However, I've been watching this site on and off due to high school.
gedunk

Post by gedunk » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:03 am

Nimhster wrote:I found this website in 2006, and have been watching it since. However, I've been watching this site on and off due to high school.
Geez. Nimhster. Forgot all about you. Where have you been hiding?