Forum inactivity?

Discussion on this very website and/or forum is talked about here. Not happy with HostMDS's crash? Speak your mind here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Smjh1979
Site Admin

Forum inactivity?

Post by Smjh1979 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Why is the forum so dead? I've never seen this forum dead ever.

30 of the 69 people here have fewer than 20 posts. Only 18 of 69 have more than 100 posts. If this forum is getting to be so boring anymore, I'm going to consider yanking it off.

Has Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter made forums like this obsolete?

Also, for the record, I've noticed a few people emailing me requests to add them to my Facebook page. I will never create a Facebook page, and to those who keep begging me to create one, you're wasting your time. I've got to do more around the house, and maintain the site, so I don't have time to join something like that.
cabman701

Re: Forum inactivity?

Post by cabman701 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:37 pm

I still enjoy the forum very much... but have been unable to visit as often as I used to because of my work. I still try to check in at least once or twice a week though.

I hope to be able to contribute more during the summer once my 2nd job (school bus driving) goes on hiatus.

Would hate to see the forum go. Have really enjoyed the last year and 3 months here.
luke

Post by luke » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:04 pm

I'd hate to see it go, too!
bnsfc44

Post by bnsfc44 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:13 pm

Yeah I would hate to see the forum go. Just been busy with work. I even got pictures of a crossing from San Jose, Ca that has 8" LED lights, but haven't had time to work on it. Hopefully in May I'll get back into the swing of things.
gedunk

Post by gedunk » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:55 am

I check in to the forum at least once a day, but I haven't had much to post lately for several reasons.

Keep in mind this is a pretty static area of interest. It's not like there are tons of developments and technology changes going on. I am actually surprised that there is as much going on on this forum as there is. This is a long term sort of thing.