Forum Themes

Discussion on this very website and/or forum is talked about here. Not happy with HostMDS's crash? Speak your mind here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Re: FORUM THEMES

Post by TrainmanKight » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:32 am

MD2020 wrote:If you're switching back, and it's your forum, they why do you have it like this as default?
Because I like the other version better I've been using it for over a year.
Now I'm switching back to the one you guys use and say is so much better
I don't like it except for its Admin panel is a lot easier to use.
If you guys don't like it switch back
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:49 am

I've just been too lazy (I know everyone will back me up on this...) to keep with the forum. Not too long ago, the forum had been running version 3.0.4, which was the same version used when rebuilding the crash. Gillson just updated it to the latest version: 3.0.9 not too long ago.

One bonus on getting up to 3.0.9 is that there are themes that can be downloaded. If people think think that the 2 themes, recommended to the admins to download themes that they may want to use.

Installing themes isn't that hard, and I'm sure Gillson can handle it pretty well.

Yes, I know my cheaply made graphics for both themes suck. I just didn't want to see both boards say "PhpBB", so I just threw something together for both themes in about 5 minutes. I picked the 1 and 2 tracks kind of a "theme 1" and "theme 2", emphasis on the track signs. Apparently I was wrong.

I can't do anything about changing the artwork now due obviously to my health, and also due to the summer, and also because I'm no artist. I can put templates together, that being how I got the cheap-ass signs together.

I think there are other artists signed up on this forum who could maybe make something better than me (perhaps an actual working signal?) and I can place them accordingly, and remove any 1 track references.

Please, now that the forum has more people, let's work together to make each other happy. I certainly need it...
MD2020

Post by MD2020 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Be happy, AND be a Railroad worker? :Curse1:

Ha! Impossible! :WOOT:
Just the facts, ma'am.
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Smjh1979 wrote:I've just been too lazy (I know everyone will back me up on this...) to keep with the forum. Not too long ago, the forum had been running version 3.0.4, which was the same version used when rebuilding the crash. Gillson just updated it to the latest version: 3.0.9 not too long ago.

One bonus on getting up to 3.0.9 is that there are themes that can be downloaded. If people think think that the 2 themes, recommended to the admins to download themes that they may want to use.

Installing themes isn't that hard, and I'm sure Gillson can handle it pretty well.

Yes, I know my cheaply made graphics for both themes suck. I just didn't want to see both boards say "PhpBB", so I just threw something together for both themes in about 5 minutes. I picked the 1 and 2 tracks kind of a "theme 1" and "theme 2", emphasis on the track signs. Apparently I was wrong.

I can't do anything about changing the artwork now due obviously to my health, and also due to the summer, and also because I'm no artist. I can put templates together, that being how I got the cheap-ass signs together.

I think there are other artists signed up on this forum who could maybe make something better than me (perhaps an actual working signal?) and I can place them accordingly, and remove any 1 track references.

Please, now that the forum has more people, let's work together to make each other happy. I certainly need it...
I downloaded a few and tried them all out but they sucked I've used prosliver for a long time now.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:58 pm

MD2020 wrote:Be happy, AND be a Railroad worker? :Curse1:

Ha! Impossible! :WOOT:
I guess it's hard to be when you're on call 24/7 with taking care of the crossings that I've seen. Some are even confusing to a noob to me. Guess I'l pick my words a little more careful next time. :Okay: