New Forum Theme

Discussion on this very website and/or forum is talked about here. Not happy with HostMDS's crash? Speak your mind here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Re: NEW FORUM THEME

Post by TrainmanKight » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:38 pm

MD2020 wrote:If it ain't broke, why keep trying to fix it? :Cry1:
Because its crappy and old.
Also if I change the "Avatar settings" its more then likely going to screw up avatars even more.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:43 pm

I'll try to fix the avatars Tomorrow night or maybe on Friday.
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:07 am

Smjh1979 wrote:I'll try to fix the avatars Tomorrow night or maybe on Friday.
Ahh don't worry about it. Now go get some rest and don't worry about the site or forum.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:21 am

I was thinking over the last few days, and I never should've made the avatars 200x200 too big to begin with. That's even larger than my regular thumbnails not counting widescreen. I've been wanting to lower the size down for years but as usual, got lazy. Any objections to a maximum size decrease to 150x150? or 125x125?

Another reason I'd like to try is because I think the existing avatars will shrink automatically if I put in the smaller size. I'll look into that Tomorrow for more research. I'll also look putting in the different headers on all themes, since the old themes have been restored.

I would've done some work Today, but this was one of my "bad days" healthwise Today. I lost a good part of my late afternoon-early evening to a mistake I made Today that I shouldn't have.

Also, thanks to whomever restored the old themes.
mlgillson

Post by mlgillson » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:19 am

I tweaked the code, which included reducing the margins and making a couple other adjustments. There should be a noticable improvement.
MD2020

Post by MD2020 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:30 am

One of you Mikes should do something. Why should each individual user have to go in and make adjustments to be able to stuff something here? What about non registered visitors to the site, are they supposed to go in and make unnecessary adjustments to be able to read stuff here properly too? The (unnecessary) avatar pictures are too big and are covering up the text here in some cases. Needs to be fixed, on a large scale, since it is a "master setting", not by the individual users and visitors, simple as that.

I know I don't come here to see avatars and train cartoons blowing up and such. Just sayin'.

Now go get your blood pressure checked, Kight.
Just the facts, ma'am.
mlgillson

Post by mlgillson » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 am

Forgot to mention that you'll probably need to refresh your browser or clear the browser cache.
MD2020

Post by MD2020 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:48 am

mlgillson wrote:Forgot to mention that you'll probably need to refresh your browser or clear the browser cache.

I think I typed my reply before I saw your post, looks better now, no thanks to Kight Gifted :Tongue2:
Just the facts, ma'am.
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:56 am

MD2020 wrote: I know I don't come here to see avatars and train cartoons blowing up and such. Just sayin'.
You can disable both the avatars and the signatures if you want... here's how to do it:

--User Control Panel
--Board preferences
--Edit display options

I see that under Edit global settings (also under Board preferences) that subsilver 2 (the old format) is again available if anybody wants to switch back.
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:59 pm

MD2020 wrote:Now go get your blood pressure checked, Kight.
Don't worry I'm fine now
Thanks Gillson for fixing the board
Does everyone like this new board or want it changed to something else.
Also who's the one user using "prosilver"