From 5 years ago.

Discussion on this very website and/or forum is talked about here. Not happy with HostMDS's crash? Speak your mind here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

gedunk

From 5 years ago.

Post by gedunk » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:19 pm

I have a strong feeling this is what Mike would want. A post of mine from 2010.

I was just going through a review of all my posts over the life of this forum. I don't know if any others have done this, but if not I recommend it. It's kind of eye-opening.

Mostly what I have found is this: as a group of signal enthusiasts, our overall number is small. There is a very large number of railroad fans worldwide, but our subgroup of crossing signal fans is apparently very small in number. But as the time on this and the previous forum has shown, it is also pretty solid.

Some have come and gone; most still seem to be around. There have been squabbles and arguments, but for the most part everybody seems to cruise right along. For a long while I believed that I was alone in my fascination of crossing signals, but I know now that is not the case.

We all come from pretty different backgrounds: I'm sure that I'm the oldest one (chronologically speaking that is) on this site. But we do have this one interest in common that keeps Mike gainfully occupied. I'm grateful he doesn't charge me to be here.

So, thank you everybody. Keep posting.
gedunk

Re: From 5 years ago.

Post by gedunk » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:59 am

So thank you everybody. Keep posting.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:18 pm

Quite a nice post, I actually joined a little while after the incident that caused several members to leave. Kight was still around at the time, and he was also still an admin. The forum was quite slow for a while. There'd be weeks and sometimes even months where nobody posted, but after a while, the forum slowly got more members and is more active now than it used to be. I also got to watch Kight disappear from the internet and participate in the "changing of the guard", so it's been quite the adventure for me.
Now with a total of three admins who can add pages to the site, the updates have become more frequent and it seems that the site and forum will only continue to grow.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
gedunk

Post by gedunk » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:35 am

I hope so. I missed all the drama due to family illness, and was rather stunned to return and find the disarray and mistrust.

Lets go forward from here.
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:26 pm

The drama was the reason (I think) that the activity dwindled for awhile. It kept me away, and I basically just ignored all the crap once I was back. I am glad that things are back to normal and this forum sees at least some sort of activity most everyday.

In Mike's honor... we need to keep this going for as long as we can! :TUP1: