Embedding videos

Discussion on this very website and/or forum is talked about here. Not happy with HostMDS's crash? Speak your mind here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

cabman701

Embedding videos

Post by cabman701 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:12 am

Can someone pleae explain the proper way to embed YouTube vidoes? I thought you could just copy the embed link that you find on the video page, and then paste it after clicking the YouTube button above, but I could not get it to work.

Also... just a suggestion, I noticed there is an embed option on Street View. I have seen Street View pictures embedded in other web sites, could we do that here since we use it so much?
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Re: Embedding videos

Post by Smjh1979 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:16 am

No. What you have to do is click the Youtube button before you paste the link in.

The code will look like this: [YouTube]http://youtube.com/whatevervideoisbeingshownhere[/YouTube]

As for street view, I haven't really explored that option yet.

EDIT: After looking things over, the embed code on Street View won't work on this forum, and there are no codes available for Street View right now, so it ain't going to happen yet.
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:55 pm

I realize what I was doing wrong now... I was pulling the link off the wrong part of YouTube. I was thinking it was the link on the right, but that is apparently for the person who posted the video.
luke

Post by luke » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:38 pm

cabman701 wrote:I realize what I was doing wrong now... I was pulling the link off the wrong part of YouTube. I was thinking it was the link on the right, but that is apparently for the person who posted the video.
That embed info is for use in HTML based blogs & sites.