Many Thanks to all who posted

Michael James Hickok
Sept. 21, 1979—Dec. 10, 2011

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Smjh1979
Site Admin

Many Thanks to all who posted

Post by Smjh1979 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:24 pm

My name is Mark Wyman. I am whom you would consider Mike's Dad.
My wife Susan (Mike's Mother) and I viewed the posts some of you left in honor of MIke.
I have to say that I was much impressed with the sentiment's expressed and the number of you who considered Mike your Friend.
We didn't really know just how many of you there really were that felt that way about Mike and to be honest it touched our hearts deeply.
Mike's train site was his life. He spent many years putting it together and reformatting as it got bigger and bigger thanks to all the contributions you all sent.
Our gratitude for you is inexpressable in words as it just doesn't cover how we feel.
It will be two months ago Friday that he left us and each time we look at this site it brings a bit of Michael home to us.
Your kind words and those of you I have spoken to personally are very much so appreciated.
God has Michael now and I am sure he would like to tell you that he is 1 million percent better and wishes you all the best life has to offer (He was always big on using percentages).

May God hold and keep you and bless you for the great blessing you have given our hearts in reading you letters.

Mark and Susan Wyman
Nimhster

Re: Many Thanks to all who posted

Post by Nimhster » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:32 am

Hello Mr. Wyman,

Thank you for posting here to share your thoughts and feelings about Mike and ourselves. I considered Mike as a good friend and a kind person to myself and others. When I first visited his site back in 2006, I was fascinated on how organized he kept photos he received from contributors. I continued to lurk on his site every week to see the newest update knowing how devoted he was. At the time he became sick, I took a look back at all the great times that were had here on the forums and how much I have learned from from the information Mike gathered to share with us. After six years, the site had definitely grown much larger since I first discovered it.

Mike taught me a lot about trains and signals and inspired me to collect signals of my own, as well as the want go out and explore my hobby further. I believe that if I had never discovered Mike's Railroad Crossing Website, I would not have known about the value and history of signals and railroads. I can't describe how thankful I am to have known Mike and have him as a friend.
Last edited by Nimhster on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BBT609

Post by BBT609 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:40 pm

I know I am very late on this. But I am a new member of the forum and I contributed ALOT of photos of the Florida East Coasr Railway. I was always wondering why there were no more updates. Today as I looked through the forum...........It blew my mind. I couldn't believe he died. I broke my heart. It was something I never expected. May God Bless the family. My condolences are sent out to you. He was always uptight with his site and he did what he loved to do best. RIP Mike. Hickok. :Sad: :Cry1: :Mellow:
Brylon Terry
Look, Listen & Live
Swedish Crossings

Post by Swedish Crossings » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:51 am

Im new on the site and i wondered where he went and i was shocked to find out that he was dead. My biggest condolenses to you

RIP Michael Hickok

:Cry1:
"Trains are the way to travel"