Two Years Ago

Michael James Hickok
Sept. 21, 1979—Dec. 10, 2011

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

LARDLOGO

Two Years Ago

Post by LARDLOGO » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:58 pm

I know it's a little late because it happened about 12 days ago but Mike has been gone for two years now.

I joined the forum only a few months after Mike's passing. At the time, I had just commented on one of Kight's videos of him maintaining a crossing signal about joining the forum and began here. I never got to be part of this legendary board during his tenure and I just have to say that I still miss Mike to this day.

Mike wasn't your ordinary everyday railfan, he wasn't just "one of the boys with a camera", he was special in all ways possible. The man had a serious devotion to the crossing signals that save our lives and went on to start a revolution in the train world. He took so many railfans worldwide and united them into one on this awesome board. I will never forget the tragedy and sorrow I felt when he passed, it's a void that will never be filled.

I realize once again it's really late to share my feelings towards Mike, but I just had to get it off my chest. R.I.P Mike, this board will never be the same without you.
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
YoshiDino90

Re: Two Years Ago

Post by YoshiDino90 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:50 pm

Not to be rude or anything, but what happened to Mike? Was it a case similar to that of Alexander Frye? :Awww:
cabman701

Re: Two Years Ago

Post by cabman701 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:07 pm

YoshiDino90 wrote:Not to be rude or anything, but what happened to Mike? Was it a case similar to that of Alexander Frye? :Awww:
This thread will probably answer most of your questions.