How to submit pictures

News on the website and/or forum is posted here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

McK&H.Aust

How to submit pictures

Post by McK&H.Aust » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:04 am

Hi everyone. I have some pictures from Australia that I would like to submit, but being new to this I have a few questions. I would appreciate any advice from people on how they send in pictures and what works best for them.

1) Do I send the pictures as attachments in a regular email? and to whom or where do I send them, do I just send an email to rxrsignals at gmail.com?

2)What is the best way to include the information about each picture? do I number each picture and then include a list explaining what each number is?

3) is a good file size for each picture somewhere between 500kb and 1mb?

Hope y'all have a great day.
ZachL

Re: How to submit pictures

Post by ZachL » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:36 pm

1) You''ll probably want to email David (freebrick) since he's the most active right now. A simple PM asking for his email would do I'm sure! When I submitted one time, I zipped up my pictures by crossing and sent a Dropbox link, since the files were too big to be sent over email attachment.

2) I did exactly that! I had a text file for each crossing with my interpretation on descriptions, although I'm sure the person who builds the page can also interpret what's going on too.

3) Yeah, that should be fine, from what I've sent in.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:53 pm

McK&H.Aust wrote:Hi everyone. I have some pictures from Australia that I would like to submit, but being new to this I have a few questions. I would appreciate any advice from people on how they send in pictures and what works best for them.

1) Do I send the pictures as attachments in a regular email? and to whom or where do I send them, do I just send an email to rxrsignals at gmail.com?

2)What is the best way to include the information about each picture? do I number each picture and then include a list explaining what each number is?

3) is a good file size for each picture somewhere between 500kb and 1mb?

Hope y'all have a great day.
I'll answer these in order:

1) Yes, yes you do. I'd recommend sending them in a .zip file though, but if the file is larger than 25 MB, you can upload it to Google Drive and attach it from there, if you use Gmail (or you can at least send a link to it). You can send it to rxrsignals at gmail.com, but I believe that's how Gillson receives submissions for the site, and since he's usually very busy, it may be a while before his pictures get posted. Tommy and I should be able to get to it. You can find my e-mail on my YouTube channel's about page, but I can send you a PM with it if you want.

2) You can do that if you want. We actually number the pictures in the order they appear on the webpages [see 1, 2, 3], so I actually recommend doing that. Descriptions of the equipment is not needed, but preferred, especially if it doesn't have "enough" pictures as outlined by the 103 page, such as this page, but you don't have to follow the 103 page to a T. From what I've seen on your videos, we'll probably be able to make decent pages from the pictures you got.

3) That's usually the range for the size of my pictures, if not below that, so you'll probably be fine.

[1]
Figure1.JPG
Figure1.JPG (130.69 KiB) Viewed 8940 times
[2]
Figure2.JPG
Figure2.JPG (233.87 KiB) Viewed 8940 times
[3]
Figure3.JPG
Figure3.JPG (110.94 KiB) Viewed 8940 times
It'll probably look more like [3] when you send the pictures. [1] and [2] show how the numbers correspond with how they appear on the site.

Also, it looks like ZachL was able to respond while I was writing this post. I blame my dad needing my help in picking up a fallen limb. :Tongue2:
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
McK&H.Aust

Post by McK&H.Aust » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:59 pm

Thankyou both for your help. I am currently getting some pictures ready to send and will try to send them to David in the next few hours. I will start with one crossing and see how it goes.