Sullivan Street, Madison, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Sullivan Street, Madison, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran Type-3 e-bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran Type-3 e-bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/Madison/Sullivan/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Sullivan Street, Madison, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:53 pm

Got another video today:

BTW, the signal on the left has a RECO LED gate light mixed in, oddly enough.

SirKrunch

Post by SirKrunch » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:47 pm

The cantilever on the left in both videos looks like it wants to crash into the ground with all that sagging going on. :Laugh:
Well, :Censored:
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 pm

SirKrunch wrote:The cantilever on the left in both videos looks like it wants to crash into the ground with all that sagging going on. :Laugh:
I think it's just an optical illusion with the traffic light cantilever. If you look at the screenshot from the video below, the engine and the cantilever are pretty much spot on straight.
Capture 1.11.17.JPG
Capture 1.11.17.JPG (43.59 KiB) Viewed 5870 times
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 pm

cabman701 wrote:
SirKrunch wrote:The cantilever on the left in both videos looks like it wants to crash into the ground with all that sagging going on. :Laugh:
I think it's just an optical illusion with the traffic light cantilever. If you look at the screenshot from the video below, the engine and the cantilever are pretty much spot on straight.
Capture 1.11.17.JPG
And right there you just outlined another optical illusion of two trains about to hit each other. :LOL3:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:45 pm

ZachL wrote:And right there you just outlined another optical illusion of two trains about to hit each other. :LOL3:
LOL... I'm sure Brick would not be too happy to be standing where he was if that indeed was the case.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:00 pm

cabman701 wrote:
ZachL wrote:And right there you just outlined another optical illusion of two trains about to hit each other. :LOL3:
LOL... I'm sure Brick would not be too happy to be standing where he was if that indeed was the case.
I probably wouldn't have posted this when I did if it was! :Laugh: Also, someone has since struck the gate on the right, which then got hit by a train, so it has a new gate again and two new incandescent RECO gate lights. The only reason I know this is because I got to see the signal maintainers cleaning up the aftermath.

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:31 pm

*originally recorded on 6-14-21*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a dead Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.

After catching NS A83 in downtown Sheffield, I made my way on home, but along the way, I decided to stop in Town Creek to use the bathroom and get gas. While I was there, I heard NS 732 call out a diverging clear at CP Forest (I'm guessing they'd just met someone there), and while I was filling up, I saw them go flying through the town. As such, I decided to follow them over to Courtland, checking on crossings along the Memphis East along the way (in which I found-out AL 33 now has a GS Type 3 e-bell at it) to Decatur. After watching the head-end pass through Vine Street, I decided to chase it out here to downtown Madison, where I was thankfully able to beat it with plenty of time to spare. Here we see 732 come rolling through downtown Madison in the middle of the night, with all the same power as earlier.

Been a good while since I'd last filmed this one, especially since my last video of this crossing dates back to 2017. And as you can see, there's been a few changes to this crossing since I'd last filmed it. For starters, on the far side, the Safetran Type 3 e-bell sounds like it's gone dead, and the gate lights got an LED upgrade. On the closer side, what'd previously been the only LED gate light at the crossing was changed back to an incandescent, and it appears that someone bumped into the gate mast causing it to lean towards the tracks. No other changes seem to be of note here though, which is always pretty good.
I'd originally planned to set-up at Church Street again, as the new lights at the veterans park right next to the crossing, combined with a nearby street light, light it up quite well at night now, but the street light was out so it hampered the shot. However, I'd also wanted to record this side of the crossing at night since it's also lit-up quite well by street lights, which gives it a neat look. I don't believe I'd ever filmed this side of the crossing either, so I'm glad to finally have that filmed as well.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/Madison/Sullivan/

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:25 am

No major changes here as of 9-13-23:

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:56 am

Still the same as of 11-30-23: