1 new video of 1 existing crossing from Kernan, IL
5 new videos of 4 existing crossings from Kinsman, IL
39 new pictures of 1 new and 5 updated crossings from Lostant, IL
25 new pictures and 8 new videos of 5 updated crossings from Mazon, IL
18 new pictures of 1 new and 2 updated crossings from McNabb, IL
25 new pictures and 3 new videos of 4 updated crossings from Mendota, IL
6 new pictures and 2 new videos of 2 updated crossings from Morris, IL
359 new pictures and 4 new videos of 7 new crossings from Odell, IL
759 new pictures and 19 new videos of 24 new and 11 new crossings from Ottawa, IL
231 new pictures and 5 new videos of 7 new and 2 updated crossings from Peotone, IL
1 new video of 1 existing crossing from Peru, IL
3 new videos of 3 existing crossings from Ransom, IL
1 new video of 1 existing crossing from Reading, IL
2 new videos of 2 existing crossings from Rockdale, IL
1 new video of 1 existing crossing from Shorewood, IL
64 new pictures and 4 new videos of 16 updated crossings from Streator, IL
6 new pictures of 1 updated crossing from Providence, OH
129 new pictures of 7 new crossings from Toledo, OH

I'm back from my 3 month hiatus. I will try and get an update out every month until at least Christmas, plus try and update a few other states besides Illinois and Ohio, but for now, enjoy this update!

With this update, the site now has over 1000 videos!
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Re: Update #856

Post by ToledoRailfan » Fri May 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Will the crossing pages from Waterville, Maumee and some other places (that I can't remember at the moment) that I sent ya be part of your next update?
TommyBNSF

Post by TommyBNSF » Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 pm

We'll see. I included Providence and Toledo since I didn't have to edit the state page too much. I'm considering splitting Ohio into 3 sections like Illinois and Wisconsin this winter, so it might wait until then. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and do Michigan for my next update.
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sat May 13, 2017 12:11 am

TommyBNSF wrote:We'll see. I included Providence and Toledo since I didn't have to edit the state page too much. I'm considering splitting Ohio into 3 sections like Illinois and Wisconsin this winter, so it might wait until then. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and do Michigan for my next update.
Do ya plan on including the updated pages from Michigan that I sent to you? I also have a new Michigan page that I can send to you.
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sat May 13, 2017 4:16 pm

TommyBNSF wrote:I'm considering splitting Ohio into 3 sections like Illinois and Wisconsin this winter, so it might wait until then.
I came up with the idea of splitting the Ohio page into 5 sections for each region. If we do decide to do this I can make all five pages and send them to you. What do you guys think?

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat May 13, 2017 4:20 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
TommyBNSF wrote:I'm considering splitting Ohio into 3 sections like Illinois and Wisconsin this winter, so it might wait until then.
I came up with the idea of splitting the Ohio page into 5 sections for each region. If we do decide to do this I can make all five pages and send them to you. What do you guys think?

I think normally how we split states is by alphabetical order, so I'm not sure how well this'd work. Especially if other people have different definitions of what constitutes an area in a state.

I'm probably also gonna split Alabama at some point as well, though it'd take a while.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sat May 13, 2017 4:24 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:

I think normally how we split states is by alphabetical order, so I'm not sure how well this'd work. Especially if other people have different definitions of what constitutes an area in a state.

I'm probably also gonna split Alabama at some point as well, though it'd take a while.
I got the map from the The University of Akron's website, I've also seen similar divisions of Ohio. I just thought it would be more interesting than the usual alphabetical order for splitting state pages.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat May 13, 2017 4:32 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:

I got the map from the The University of Akron's website, I've also seen similar divisions of Ohio. I just thought it would be more interesting than the usual alphabetical order for splitting state pages.
That is true and it would be neat, maybe we could explain the divisions are based on the regions drawn up by the University of Akron. However, it is also worth noting that there is an issue with cities and towns that exist in two counties that are in two regions, which would cause an issue.

Though feel free to send me a copy of the page. I have an idea I want to try out.

ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sat May 13, 2017 4:41 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:However, it is also worth noting that there is an issue with cities and towns that exist in two counties that are in two regions, which would cause an issue.
I actually encountered that while making this. If we go through with this I think I'll sort it out by figuring out which region that contains most of the community or figuring out what region that most of the crossings in the community are in or maybe even a combination of the two.
freebrickproductions wrote:Though feel free to send me a copy of the page. I have an idea I want to try out.
I sent it to ya just now.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat May 13, 2017 5:00 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:Though feel free to send me a copy of the page. I have an idea I want to try out.
I sent it to ya just now.
Here's the idea that I came up with. It's a bit more of a graphical representation of where the regions in Ohio are relative to each other: (warning: big image!)
Newhio.png
Newhio.png (561.89 KiB) Viewed 9589 times