Church Street, Orlando FL.

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

NathanFromEngland

Church Street, Orlando FL.

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:20 pm

RACO cantilever on the right. 2 pairs of Harmon Electric 12x24 inch lights, 3 pairs of RECO 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 E-Bell, a RECO gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

RACO Cantiliever on the left, 2 pairs of Harmon Electric 12x24 inch lights, 3 pairs of RECO 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 E-Bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

Sorry for the bad angle, i couldn't really put my tripod anywhere because of nearby people.

I've also got pictures too, i'll get around to showing some sneak peeks soon.
Last edited by NathanFromEngland on Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freebrickproductions

Re: Church Street, Orlando FL.

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:56 pm

There are also two General Signals Type 2 e-bells between the tracks with two 4-inch gate lights mounted with each of them, looking at street view, the cantilevers appear to be from Harmon, and the lights will be explained below. Both gate mechs also appear to be Safetran.

The mast lights on both signals are correct. The signal on the left has 1 pair of WCH 12x20 inch lights (front pair) and one pair of RACO 12x20 inch lights (rear pair) on the cantilever arm. The signal on the right has all RACO 12x20 inch lights!

Nice video though! I would've recommended tilting the camera a bit higher to see the overhead lights, especially since they are RACO 12x20s (for the most part!).
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:59 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:There are also two General Signals Type 2 e-bells between the tracks with two 4-inch gate lights mounted with each of them, looking at street view, the cantilevers appear to be from Harmon, and the lights will be explained below. Both gate mechs also appear to be Safetran.

The mast lights on both signals are correct. The signal on the left has 1 pair of WCH 12x20 inch lights (front pair) and one pair of RACO 12x20 inch lights (rear pair) on the cantilever arm. The signal on the right has all RACO 12x20 inch lights!

Nice video though! I would've recommended tilting the camera a bit higher to see the overhead lights, especially since they are RACO 12x20s (for the most part!).
I know, i'll start learning how to use it properly, the problem was that i couldn't position it correctly because people were walking nearby, and i didn't want them to ruin my video.

And also, one of the gate mechanisms is actually made by RACO. I also forgot to get a picture of one of the pedestrian signals because i was in a slight rush, whats even confusing is the crossing information is at the back of the relay case!
Attachments
DSCN0279[1].jpg
DSCN0279[1].jpg (64.19 KiB) Viewed 5683 times
Last edited by NathanFromEngland on Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:18 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:There are also two General Signals Type 2 e-bells between the tracks with two 4-inch gate lights mounted with each of them, looking at street view, the cantilevers appear to be from Harmon, and the lights will be explained below. Both gate mechs also appear to be Safetran.

I know, i'll start learning how to use it properly, the problem was that i couldn't position it correctly because people were walking nearby, and i didn't want them to ruin my video.

And also, one of the gate mechanisms is actually made by RECO. I also forgot to get a picture of one of the pedestrian signals because i was in a slight rush, whats even confusing is the crossing information is at the back of the relay case!
That's actually a RACO gate mechanism. RACO and RECO are two different companies. RECO has only made gate lights (AFAIK) while RACO has that round logo and made a variety of crossing equipment before becoming Safetran. Nice find!
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:50 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:

And also, one of the gate mechanisms is actually made by RECO. I also forgot to get a picture of one of the pedestrian signals because i was in a slight rush, whats even confusing is the crossing information is at the back of the relay case!
That's actually a RACO gate mechanism. RACO and RECO are two different companies. RECO has only made gate lights (AFAIK) while RACO has that round logo and made a variety of crossing equipment before becoming Safetran. Nice find!
I keep saying RECO because of the stupid gate lights.

Also, just looked at my photos, both cantilevers i think are Western Cullen Hayes or Federal Signal cantilevers.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat May 19, 2018 9:14 am

(I know the topic bump is unnecessary)
Signals are still there as of May 2018, but i think one of the GS Type 2's have died, or they sound together.

At least quad gates aren't there. :Roll:
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Sat May 19, 2018 9:42 am

Those are still the signals from when the line was owned by CSX.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538