Greenwood Street, Lebanon, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Greenwood Street, Lebanon, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:31 am

*recorded on 1-19-18*

Signal on the left: 1 pair of Modern Industries 8 inch lights, 4 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights, and a Modern Industries mechanical bell.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 8 inch lights and 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights.

This crossing is pretty much a pure gateless late-L&N install. In fact, all of the equipment here in Modern Industries, except for the cantilever on the right which is from WCH. The crossing here also activates extremely early for some reason, with it taking the train almost two minutes to get to the crossing! The crossing also tail-ring malfunctioned after it shut-off, but I didn't record it because I had already shut-off my camera by then. The cantilever on the far side is also a bit back from the crossing itself. I think that was due to the road being wider here, with possibly a separated turn lane being located about where the Cedar City Trail is now. Just west of this crossing is the Music City Star station for Lebanon, TN.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Greenwood Street, Lebanon, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:58 am

Got another recording of this crossing from the other side on 10-4-18:

freebrickproductions

Re: Greenwood Street, Lebanon, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:24 am

*originally recorded on 8-25-23*

Signal on the left: 1 pair of Modern Industries 8 inch lights, 4 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights, and a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 8 inch lights and 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights.

After catching the two Star trains, I went over to Maple Avenue to wait for an eastbound, only for NE03 to leave from Lebanon to head west. As such, I raced on over to this crossing, where I was able to beat it with a bit of time to spare, where I caught NE03 beginning their journey west to Nashville with a pair of B39-8s for power.

Since I was last here, RJ Corman has sadly replaced the MI mechanical bell here with a GS Type 3 e-bell. Said Type 3 also seems to have had the cap on it installed higher than normal. Thankfully, the signals have remained otherwise unchanged, and also still retain a their classic L&N-era equipment.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/G-Q ... Greenwood/