Non-compliant FYA signal?

Talk about other non-signal stuff here. Make sure to obey the rules though.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

NathanFromEngland

Non-compliant FYA signal?

Post by NathanFromEngland » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Earlier, after i visited a Chillis, i was about to cross an intersection, i watched the yellow arrow signal cycle, it went from green, yellow, then red, then as the other signals changed, the flashing yellow arrow did not activate, it stayed red the entire time.

Is this a wiring failure? I'll try and get a video soon.

(McCain signals, i read the back of the crosswalk signals)
freebrickproductions

Re: Non-compliant FYA signal?

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Sounds like the signal was set to operate in protected-only mode, which is entirely allowable and one of the advantages of an FYA signal over a tradition doghouse/inline-five signal, since you can have them operate with or without a permissive phase depending on the time of day.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:26 am

NathanFromEngland wrote:Earlier, after i visited a Chillis, i was about to cross an intersection, i watched the yellow arrow signal cycle, it went from green, yellow, then red, then as the other signals changed, the flashing yellow arrow did not activate, it stayed red the entire time.

I know exactly where you are. :Tongue2:

They remain solid red during rush hour times. Generally 5:30-9 am and 3-7pm.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:46 pm

ZachL wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:Earlier, after i visited a Chillis, i was about to cross an intersection, i watched the yellow arrow signal cycle, it went from green, yellow, then red, then as the other signals changed, the flashing yellow arrow did not activate, it stayed red the entire time.

That could be the issue, one signal serves a motel, the other is a shopping area
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:57 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
ZachL wrote:

That could be the issue, one signal serves a motel, the other is a shopping area
Again, it's not really an issue with the signal itself. They can be programmed to do this, and cities take advantage of that fact.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:15 am

freebrickproductions wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ZachL wrote:

Again, it's not really an issue with the signal itself. They can be programmed to do this, and cities take advantage of that fact.
That, and it's really a safety thing too.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:19 pm

ZachL wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ZachL wrote:

So that explains it, walking past at 11PM showed them operating normally, Tampa police however were on hand at the 30th street intersection as the signals had entered a 4 way red flash for some reason, (most likely an issue from the cabinet) They worked again as i got back to my hotel room by looking out the window.

(Is it worth pointing out i ate at a Millers and was near several Hillsborough County sheriffs?)
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:54 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
ZachL wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ZachL wrote:

So that explains it, walking past at 11PM showed them operating normally, Tampa police however were on hand at the 30th street intersection as the signals had entered a 4 way red flash for some reason, (most likely an issue from the cabinet) They worked again as i got back to my hotel room by looking out the window.

(Is it worth pointing out i ate at a Millers and was near several Hillsborough County sheriffs?)
Unfortunately the area you are staying in is nearby a high-crime spot so HCSO is quite active in the area.