Changes on the CSX Mainline Subdivision

Talk about signal news here, including upgrades, downgrades, crossings out of service, abandoned, and so on here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Ethan the Railfanner

Changes on the CSX Mainline Subdivision

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:08 pm

For future crossing update news along this line, I have decided to start a new thread on changes on the CSX Mainline Sudivision (Louisville, KY to Nashville, TN.)

Anyways, there were a bunch of changes as of Feb 17, 2019 happened in Gallatin, most of them were the old white DOT tags being replaced.
The following crossings in Gallatin, TN had their white DOT tags replaced:
US Route 31E
Red River Road #1 and #2
Eastland Street

That means the total number of white DOT tags along this line that I'm aware of is down to 10. (Not Including Out of Service ones.) I was also able to recover both of the white ENS info tags at Eastland Street, but I had to use one because I couldn't find any other parts of the ENS info. :aaargh:

And also, at Harris Lane, there's been a change: the signal with the two bells has been replaced; the base is now WCH, the gate mechanism is now Invensys Rail, the lights are now WCH 12x24s with Leotek LEDs in them. The bell is also another NEG E-Bell, that I believe is working. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get an action shot of the changed crossing yet, so I'm probably seeing about getting an action video soon if I can.

Here's a photo of the old white DOT tag I recovered from Eastland Street.

(The DOT tag was a bit dirty at the time, so I cleaned it off and it looks a lot better.)
Ethan the Railfanner; The main railroad crossing photographer of Southeast United States.

If you have any crossing photos that you would like for submissions:
DM me on the forum
DM me on Discord (ethantherailfanner)
Ethan the Railfanner

Re: Changes on the CSX Mainline Subdivision

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:09 pm

Over at Airport Road, there's been a few changes on 3-17-19:

The gated signal with the MI bell has a much larger gate, the gatelights I think are still NEG, and it also got a gate stabilizer! It's also been moved away from the road a bit.

The gateless signal with the MI bell has been moved away from the road a bit too.

From what I am thinking, the road work means this road might be widened a bit. Currently no video at this time yet.
Ethan the Railfanner; The main railroad crossing photographer of Southeast United States.

DM me on the forum
Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:55 am

Over at Dillard Road near Bowling Green, KY, this crossing was overhauled with brand new signals. According to the FRA, these brand new signals were installed within 3 weeks when I took photos of the crossbucks there. The equipment is WCH 12x24 Lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, Siemens Gate Mechanisms, NEG LED Gatelights, and an NEG E-Bell.

Then:

Now:

DM me on the forum
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Interesting to see that the power company installed a transformer there just to get the signals powered up.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538